People have lost the plot!! Or is it me?

Man of Honour
I do find too many games these days don't have enough attention paid to streamlining controls, etc. and it puts me off playing quite a few - especially when you have to bind like 3+ different action keys for things which all could be done from 1 action key and a little context awareness programmed in very simply. Or horrible mouse input implementations with no settings to control it with things like built in mouse acceleration, split X/Y sensitivity with no way to adjust it or lack of proper ADS/zoom scaling so you have to try and find some horrible compromise between having the mouse skating all over the place in some situations and being unresponsive in others.

Then games like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided where the inventory and character and equipment management is fragmented over a dozen different screens with only a loose rhyme and rythm and you constantly have to make adjustments to your whole setup in the game as you progress as things don't just nicely slot into one place and stay there, etc. (obviously in a game like that you have to make some adjustments as you play due to the nature of the genre but that is another story).

Caporegime
In my darker moments I'll reflect back on my dubious decision to go with WASD rather than ESDF which is, I think now and in hindsight, the superior choice. But I'm stuck with it, regardless of game, and my fingers will naturally fall into their muscle memory positions even when typing or, more strangely, not typing and just resting.

Soldato
Games these days seem to be generally designed for, and aimed at, the idiot generation, i.e., those that want everything handed to them instantly and who have the attention span of a retarded goldfish.

Back
Top Bottom