People keep parking in front of my drive, what can you do?

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
on all this legal stuff, i drive to my gf's house a lot and she has a driveway which her father uses , next door is 60+ lady who doesn't drive , and has a driveway but has metal gates going across it. ushally i try and be kind and not block her driveway knowing she doesnt drive... and when i do block her driveway ... i get stick from my gf's mother..lol?? she always says "keep the pece" etc... .. wish there was something i could do... tbh IF one has a driveway.... why not bloody use it?!!

Man of Honour
on all this legal stuff, i drive to my gf's house a lot and she has a driveway which her father uses , next door is 60+ lady who doesn't drive , and has a driveway but has metal gates going across it. ushally i try and be kind and not block her driveway knowing she doesnt drive... and when i do block her driveway ... i get stick from my gf's mother..lol?? she always says "keep the pece" etc... .. wish there was something i could do... tbh IF one has a driveway.... why not bloody use it?!!
A neighbour of ours does not drive either, but she will let the others in our Cul de Sac park there, if we have guests (lots of cars) over.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
i guess there is nothing i can do , ushally on weekends , big days , xmas , new year ... i cant park near the house, so annoying

Soldato
A friend had an old boyfriend who parked over his next door neighbours driveway a large slanging match ensued with the police being called. the neighbour said to the bobby hes parked over my driveway which the booby then pointed his torch down towards the kurb and replied with "what drivewy sir" "its an offence to drive up a kurbstone sir please dont bother us again sir"

Made me laugh as i have now bought the house next door and i do have a dropped kurb so I DO have a driveway

Permabanned
and when i do block her driveway ... i get stick from my gf's mother..lol?? she always says "keep the pece" etc... .. wish there was something i could do... tbh IF one has a driveway.... why not bloody use it?!!

She owns it, even if shes doesnt have a car you shouldnt block it, law or not. It would do my **** in if people blocked my driveway.

Next door did it to me so I parked right up to his gate so he couldnt leave his property without jumping the fence! Hes not dont it since then.

Associate
I'm in favour of going for pizza at 3am, or picking a friend up from the station, or any other inane excuse tbh... all the others are criminal damage and would most likely come back and bite you in the bum... They'll soon get the message..

Perhaps the rest of the thread might be dedicated to coming up with excuses that Juno can use! :)

Associate
If its not been mentioned, get the council to paint a white 'no parking' line outside your house. Thats if the kerb is lowered. Done the trick for me.

Associate
If its not been mentioned, get the council to paint a white 'no parking' line outside your house. Thats if the kerb is lowered. Done the trick for me.

++ Its called an APM or Access Protection Marking - often referred to as a 'H' marking - utterly useless from a legal sense as they are not legally enforceable (no traffic regulation order covers their use) however, studies by TRL and LA's have shown that their use is effective...(I'm still not convinced!)

As for putting up homemade signs - this is something that I wouldnt do - any signs that you erect will have no legal standing and you may find that if you have a vindictive local authority - you may end up being fined yourself. Of course you can do whatever you want on your own property - but is it really worth the hassle?

Associate
Quote:
Originally Posted by malc30
I had an Incident outside my house yesterday concerning two workmen's vans blocking my drive I had to go out in five mins.
I told them to move them or i Ram then, they laughed & said go on then if you want to damage your motor. I said come here & showed them the Beast.

..Hmm..if I showed two men 'The Beast' I'd probably get arrested for indecent exposure. If I lived long enough.

I don't know why some people can be so ignorant - I don't block anyone's drive when I'm even just collecting stuff from the post office, all of two minute's worth of time.
But it's the petty stage, as mentioned, that you need to be careful of. Then you'll both be on 'Neighbours From Hell'.

Back
Top Bottom