1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People walking in to you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anything I don't mind, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Caged

Capodecina

You seem quite worked up about a thing that would barely register on the anger scale for most people

2. BeatSpec

Associate

If it's not something that annoys you, then you're probably one of the ones drifting through life not looking where you're going.

3. ikillbears

Mobster

it's because you're a douche

P.S. just so all that post below. This is a person that doesn't believe we landed on the moon

4. moon man

Mobster

5. Caged

Capodecina

Yeah either that or it only reaches "minor irritation" and I avoid letting it affect my blood pressure.

6. Janesy B

Caporegime

I find that the likeliness of someone bumping into me increases greatly when I am holding a coffee, the hotter the coffee the more will end up on my hand. I don't understand it, but London.

7. anything I don't mind

PermaBanned

Maybe I am getting in the way of others.

8. dacads

Capodecina

10/10 would read again

9. Krono5

Wise Guy

I don't get people walking into me that much but what really grates me is people walking ridiculously slowly and taking up the entire pavement so you can't get passed.

10. Sliver

Capodecina

If you walk like this then people tend to keep out of your way I find.

[​IMG]

11. Flubble

Wise Guy

i always have to move out of other peoples way, why can't they move out of my way for a change

12. Monkeynut

Soldato

People always move out of the way for me but my mates say it's because I look like a serial killer. :D

13. Malevolence

Capodecina

Had some div bump into me outside of Wetherspoons in Hanley a while back. He was more engrossed in his mobile phone than watching where he was going. It did raise my ire slightly as I was standing still looking through the window for a mate, but that feeling of rage was quickly tempered as he picked up his phone and noticed the shattered screen.

Made my day did that. :D

14. Tunney

Capodecina

A day in the life of someone from Romford.

15. Nix

Capodecina

This is not healthy.

16. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

:mad: It's a Trilby!

17. Haggisman

Capodecina

Here is the problem:

And here is the solution:

Essentially, be more Alpha :p

If there's someone who's clearly not going to avoid you/stop, then continue on your trajectory until the moment before impact, then stop dead.

Chances are, they'll end up walking into you (a stationary object) and feel like a right idiot. At which point they'll probably mutter something like "sorry I didn't see you".

Now, this next step is critical: it is imperative that your response to this is as condescending and sarcastic as possible; replying "it's ok", or "don't worry about it" is simply not acceptable, at the very least you should respond with something along the lines of "well clearly - only a complete ****ing moron would purposefully walk into a stationary object! :rolleyes:".

Of course, taking this approach also puts some responsibility onto you; if you're going to change trajectory whilst walking, for the love of god check over your shoulder to make sure someone isn't about to overtake you before you suddenly turn 90 degrees without warning, and don't just stop dead in the middle of the pavement when someone is walking behind you :mad:

18. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

Walking with purpose...

[​IMG]

19. scorza

Caporegime

:D So true

20. Rifte

Mobster

I totally have empathy with the OP with this, this is a pet hate of mine (alongside another extensive list). Its rude and inconsiderate and 'why the hell should I move all the time?!?!?!'

I do have a strategy for this though that is confrontational (I do not apply this to anyone who I perceive to be under the age of 16).

If I see a potential 'impact' walking along the pavement if neither me or the other person deviate, I commit to not moving. Moments before impact (assuming the other person has not moved) I brace my entire body for it and continue to walk. 9/10 this usually involves the other person getting launched.

I continue to walk as though nothing happened.