People walking in to you

Soldato
They're probably thinking the exact same thing about you.

They don't because I'm always the one moving out of the way for them. Everyone else thinks it's acceptable to head on a collision course and expect the other person to move.

Try taking a walk down Oxford St.

I HATE Oxford St it's awful for this and i literally hate the human race every time I have to walk down there

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
People who just stop in the middle of the pathway. So annoying. People who walk into you when they are looking at their phone. Annoying.

However, I once almost walked into someone and she clapped her hands in front of me! So rude! She was in my blind spot!

BB x

Soldato
I HATE Oxford St it's awful for this and i literally hate the human race every time I have to walk down there

Yup, if Hell was a place on Earth, it'd be Oxford St! I've never actually needed to be anywhere on Oxford St. but the station is convenient for Soho...

It's absolutely horrendous. I'm always the only one that seems to make a move to the left or right to avoid people, if I just keep my course it's a guaranteed collision...

Soldato
Yup, if Hell was a place on Earth, it'd be Oxford St! I've never actually needed to be anywhere on Oxford St. but the station is convenient for Soho...

It's absolutely horrendous. I'm always the only one that seems to make a move to the left or right to avoid people, if I just keep my course it's a guaranteed collision...

yep, Kenobi described Oxford street well

Soldato
what form of warning do you suggest people adopt if they have to come to a halt while walking, should they slow down well in advance and begin shouting in a loud voice 'watch out behind I'm going to come to a complete stop soon' - though that will only work if it's a planned stop they are making. :p:p

maybe we should all carry a sign we raise above our heads when we are about to stop :p:p

A quick glance over your shoulder maybe?

Or instead of stopping in the middle of the path, step to the side so other people can continue walking past...

Associate
In 11 years you've never had this? Calling BS :p

Try taking a walk down Oxford St.

Yes I've walked down Oxford St many times and not a single collision occurred. Until recently I used London Bridge every day for nearly 3 years, which was in absolute chaos every day due to the building going on there. Before that I used Victoria every day for 4 years, and now I'm back to Victoria or Blackfriars.

Mad people-avoidance skills here. I often think as I'm walking through Victoria that maybe that will be the day I finally collide with someone, and I just hope that they bounce off of me rather than the other way around, otherwise I would feel really emasculated.

Soldato
Supermarkets are the worst. Never try shopping on a weekday during working hours. It's full of lobotomised middle aged women who seeming believe supermarket shopping involves staring into space whilst swinging a shopping trolley around. A sort of menopausal ballet.

You can see it a mile off, do everything you can to avoid it, but some how they still find a way of walking into you.

Ooops, sorry :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Always and 4 or 5 time daily. Maybe moe..People on their phones (mainly women I've noticed), watching TV (watching tv *******! - time nd lace yeah), reading books. We live in a very distracted society. I'll gladly move out of the way with the knowledge that they are ignorant ************.

Caporegime
My grudge is people at work who hold their "meetings" in choke points the corridor. Why do people do that, and not use an empty office or 2 doors down where the corridor is wider? It affects EVERY workplace I've worked in!

Nowadays, I march towards them to make my presence known and they budge sharpish, but the following day it's same old same old.

People naturally come into close contact at the narrow points (doorways etc) where they then start talking and forget they're stood in a doorway

Associate
I just tend to walk forward and hope for the best, I can't say I've ever had many people walk into me.
If you look in a direction whilst walking towards someone, they tend to go the other way.

Back
Top Bottom