**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Associate
Since when did a midrange phone carry a flagship Snapdragon processor (better than the exynos used in the S10), and a camera better than that on any other phone? Oh, I get it, it's because it only has 6gb of RAM. That must mean the iPhones are low end devices then... Ah but... iOS streamlined blah blah, just as well the pixel has stock android then isn't it?

Don't like don't buy, simple. I've noticed a few people lately suggesting lugging around a separate camera now if I really want decent pictures. Ahem, no thanks... I don't know a single person who routinely carries a separate camera with them...

Soldato
I'll upgrade to the 4XL, The 3XL was a good upgrade from my 2XL and I expect the same from the 4XL, literally couldn't care less about bezels, as it will be better than having a notch. Also looks like they have done the square 'bump' at the back a bit nicer / more discreet than Apple have (IMO). Looking forward to see what the camera's can do! This whole debate about RAM baffles me, the 3XL has 4GB and I don't think I have ever noticed an issue day to day with the apps/games that I use, the OS is good, the updates frequent, it is basically the Apple iPhone of Android phones.

Associate
One hope I do have for the 4/4XL is that the animations are more consistently smooth; my 2xl on android 10 seems to have smooth animations half the time and the other half they are choppy. This is particularly noticeable when swiping up to go back to the home screen. Sometimes butter smooth, other times reminding me of android phones from yesteryear. The 90hz screen is really going to show this up if it's not improved.

(Queue everyone else saying their phones are butter smooth at all times which will be just my luck as usual).

V_R

V_R

Soldato

TL, DW (or because the video is in Vietnamese)

1. This is a demo unit, a few things is not functioning (soli radar, front camera), you can clearly see that it's very laggy when he tries to open the front camera or even can not open it at all.
  2. The back material is made of glass yet felt a lot like hard plastic
  3. The display is a 90Hz Oled display, the feature is called Smoothdisplay
  4. SoC Snapdragon 855 with 6 GB of RAM
  5. Battery size is unconfirmed, but expected to be 2800/3700 MAh respectively for the 4/4 XL

Man of Honour
I'm not sure the 90Hz display will make any real difference either, I've got it on my 7 Pro and can't tell between having it on or off. This may just be me as others seem to think it's the best thing since moving from CRTs in terms of display.

Back
Top Bottom