**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Lol, maybe not directly but it's near enough identical

The point being, who said they did anything based on what the iPhone looks like? How far ahead these things are with design, I don't think they could copy a design and release the phone within 2 months of the 'copied' phone.

- No in screen finger print sensor, not even one on the back

I don't see how this is due to being 'old tech' when they're basically saying (perhaps) that they simply don't need it. If it can tell it's you in other ways with more (new) sensors that other phones don't even have.

Then there's Soli, which is tech ahead of any other manufacturer...

Definitely not 1-2 year old tech IMO.

Soldato
Does the face recognition tech work in the dark? I much prefer having a fingerprint sensor for that reason, and I'm lazy to input my access code into the phone every time. Most of the time my Pixel 2XL is unlocked in the process of my removing it from my pocket to look at due to the location of the reader and the speed of the unlock. I would miss that.

Soldato
Does the face recognition tech work in the dark? I much prefer having a fingerprint sensor for that reason, and I'm lazy to input my access code into the phone every time. Most of the time my Pixel 2XL is unlocked in the process of my removing it from my pocket to look at due to the location of the reader and the speed of the unlock. I would miss that.

I've got face recognition on my tablet and it's success rate is probably around 75% - plus I don't think it works in the dark, I'll have to test that.

I definitely prefer the fingerprint sensor on the back.

Soldato
I've got face recognition on my tablet and it's success rate is probably around 75% - plus I don't think it works in the dark, I'll have to test that.

I definitely prefer the fingerprint sensor on the back.
That’s because it’s crappy 2D face unlock, the Pixel has proper Apple style face unlock with dot projectors and IR cameras.

Turn unlock off when in your home. Easy.
yes this works for home and single place work environments too, but no other situation, as well as for logging into apps etc that require the security.

me too. i don't know why they wouldn't put both

Soldato
It works well enough on my iPad pro. As others have said Google would be very very silly to release face id tech that doesn't work as well as apples.

Associate
Yep it'll work in the dark like Apples.
The technology looks to be pretty identical.

ikBxhqY.jpg
sO8rBAO.jpg

Soldato
Some pretty good responses. Thanks phone geeks.

Ideally I'd like both incase I don't get along with the face unlock, or happen to be wearing a balaclava when I want to access my phone....

Soldato
My old Find X has 3D face unlock with all those sensors(except the soli chip) for over a year :D

Would rather wait for the Pixel to get them than use ColorOS. Supposedly the OS that shipped with the Find X came with not one, or two, but three web browsers that couldn't be uninstalled.

There's only one reason for that to happen and that's the OEM is excepting payments to ship some of those browsers on the phone. This isn't something that happens with Pixel devices.

Soldato
And the iPhone 10 has had them for over 2 years. What's your point?

Pixel has 2 year old tech perhaps

This^

Would rather wait for the Pixel to get them than use ColorOS. Supposedly the OS that shipped with the Find X came with not one, or two, but three web browsers that couldn't be uninstalled.

There's only one reason for that to happen and that's the OEM is excepting payments to ship some of those browsers on the phone. This isn't something that happens with Pixel devices.

Wrong on all counts.

I have Lineage OS installed. But as I say, it's my OLD backup phone :p

Soldato
This^

Wrong on all counts.

I have Lineage OS installed. But as I say, it's my OLD backup phone :p

Not according to trusted reviews, below. Personally I don't care much for having to install another Android build to get a good software experience.

There are a number of pre-loaded first and third-party apps that Oppo has crammed onto the Find X, most of which you can’t uninstall. For some reason, there are three web browsers by default: Oppo’s own, Google Chrome and UC Browser – which annoyingly throws out news notifications without asking.

Look deuse, we get it, you don't want a Pixel. Considering you're the guy that owned the LG Watch Sport and didn't think it was a heap of ****, I can only come to the conclusion that you have some strange concept of what a good user experience is.

Back
Top Bottom