**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Associate
Rumour is no fingerprint ID.
Replaced by Face ID.

YES! Get in!

No more phone unlocking in my pocket because the tip of my finger accidentally rubbed against it in my pocket. No more having to delete the primary inger print and use it on my left hand only to avoid my phone randomly unlocking and contacting people behind my back.

No more having to scrub it clean with iso alcohol because it stops recognising my finger.

Totally overrated feature that it was. Good riddance.

#unpopularopinion

Associate
Bezels are underrated. I complained for a long time about my S7 Edge and its accidental touches. Then the S8 came out and some tech blogger claimed all the problems were solved, I argued that they were not, and they blocked me! :D Yet here we are, still having problems with dodgy edge detection in 2019.

Yeah, bezel-less phones certainly do LOOK better - but the usability is just not there for me. Bezels have a practical function. Just give me some nice meaty front firing speakers and I'll be happy.

Soldato
OP
Bezels are underrated. I complained for a long time about my S7 Edge and its accidental touches. Then the S8 came out and some tech blogger claimed all the problems were solved, I argued that they were not, and they blocked me! :D Yet here we are, still having problems with dodgy edge detection in 2019.

Yeah, bezel-less phones certainly do LOOK better - but the usability is just not there for me. Bezels have a practical function. Just give me some nice meaty front firing speakers and I'll be happy.

I agree but then I don't have a problem with the notch on my OnePlus 6 either so maybe I'm just weird :). Honestly though I think I'll get the Pixel 4 no matter what. I need stock Android for programming so everything else is a secondary concern for me.

Associate
I agree but then I don't have a problem with the notch on my OnePlus 6 either so maybe I'm just weird :). Honestly though I think I'll get the Pixel 4 no matter what. I need stock Android for programming so everything else is a secondary concern for me.

The only notch I've ever found massively offensive is the one on the Pixel 3 XL! That is one SERIOUSLY ugly phone.

Caporegime
I'm waiting for this but I just have a feeling that Google will make some weird compromises and there will be something that'll bug me too much to get it.

Soldato
I'm wondering with the success of the 3a's maybe the pixel 4 will be a return to the Nexus mindset and no more "a" phones....
Plastic body rather than glass and a price point around £500/£600

Back
Top Bottom