**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Associate
Had a look at the Pixel 4 today-very very nice. Gestures worked pretty good actually. Definitely gimmicky but think people could get use out of them.

Think I’d go with the 4 over the XL though, fits a lot nicer in the hand.

Soldato
Ordered as upgrade from EE

Black P4 XL (64gb)

£150 down
£35 X 24 = £840
Total £990

Unlimited text and mins and 4gb of data which is fine as this SIM update is my Mrs one. On my EE contract I have 124gb data and can transfer/share on the app

Happy with that as I don't have to swap.

Went orange then changed to black as last min :D

Play it safe Jim.... Play it safe.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
If I get one, and I think I will, Panda all day.

Had a quick look at the Chromebook they're throwing in in JL after work today. Its alright, although this one didn't have any power. No way it'll got for £150 on the bay though. £100 max I reckon.

I'm going to see if I can pop into town at the weekend and see the phones in the flesh.

Soldato
Yes there are definitely many people in this world that do. Have you ever hung out with a young couple in their late teens? My brother in law is currently going through that right now. Super paranoid girl. Tracks his phone through location sharing, wants to check his messages etc. If he's asleep and the unlock works I can see this being a perfect temptation for people like her to use it.

I would have thoughts eyes open were an obvious requirement for face unlock, but get that this would limit when using Sun glasses etc.

It's not my issue any way with face unlock. I'm just putting a reason to the twitter post point.

I'm more upset with no rear finger print reader as I always unlock my phone before it's even left my pocket

Well I guess if you wanna live in that type of relationship then you don't use face unlock.

But thats like living with an aggressive partner and wearing a gum shield all day.

I don't know why people would put up with stuff like that in a relationship as a relationship without trust is not a relationship... I should start a dating column

Soldato
If I get one, and I think I will, Panda all day.

Had a quick look at the Chromebook they're throwing in in JL after work today. Its alright, although this one didn't have any power. No way it'll got for £150 on the bay though. £100 max I reckon.

I'm going to see if I can pop into town at the weekend and see the phones in the flesh.

Yeah I have no plays to sell it. I am hoping it will be of some use to me or the kids.

Man of Honour
Quite interested - started migrating back to Android having went all Apple 2 years ago - I've been considering a Samsung as well but picked up a Tab S6 so some of the extra Samsung stuff like DEX is a bit overkill - want to see it in the flesh firs though!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Battery stats on both the phones at the 10 min mark, man that smaller ones gonna rinse through all of its mHa's...

V_R

V_R

Soldato
It does, as I said on the last page...

Apparently, according to Reddit, it does have a switch in the settings, but its off by default as this means it unlocks faster. iPhones have the same toggle, but is on by default. This is how Goggle can claim to have the worlds fastest face unlock. :D

https://i.imgur.com/uYNRTGc.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/co...l_4_facial_recognition_works_even_if/f3y6t0k/

and to confirm that above statement, the option was there, in the leaked pre release phones. Its not there in the release versions of the phone. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom