People who perceive things in strange ways

Soldato
Not completely crazy - we have for instance London road around here because back in the day ultimately it was the road that took you to London despite London being more than 100 miles away.
This happens a fair bit. If you're in Streatham, you drive down Mitcham Lane, which becomes Streatham Road, then you land in Mitcham. Opposite goes driving from Mitcham to Streatham - Streatham Road then Mitcham Lane before Streatham!

Soldato
How do you know he's manipulated her? That's a complete assumption! He may simply have asked and she's complied unthinkingly.

It's wrong to ask and complying to such a request shows they are clearly vulnerable in some way. It's effectively asking someone to become a slave, how do they leave (if they wanted to) and take care of themselves with nothing to show for their toils at the end of each month? I wouldn't bat an eyelid if it were like the olden days when everyone was black and white and men were the only ones to be trusted with money....

Baffling that they are taking home 1800 a month though if they think that is an acceptable request.

Soldato
Say what? :confused:
Think he means the girlfriend -
Baffling that the girlfriend is taking home 1800 a month though if she thinks that giving away 85% of her monthly wage is an acceptable request
I assume as 1800 a month take home is a decent whack to be on and would require some level of intelligence which does not match with the giving away of large chunk of salary.

But what do I know, I make 50% to 1/3rd more than that so meh...

Soldato
:D

I agree it's pretty strange these days for people to use their own brains rather than just saying whatever is popular because they're too scared to have their own opinions, let alone be brave enough to voice them. The amount of cowardice and self-censorship today is tragic.

As for this thread, people are different, misunderstandings happen. It's life. People like Freakbro will be demanding the government pass a law to designate the areas of a computer mouse and anyone who gets it wrong will be sent to the gulag for wrongthink because a simple misunderstanding over a mouse is emotionally upsetting to them.

There a few things on earth more annoying than people using the wrong name for something that has a clearly defined name to avoid the issue of ambiguity.

Soldato
Never mind all this nonsense about 50%=1/3, is no-one wondering why he was out in a threesome with his mate and his wife? Perhaps it was the horror of being the third wheel that messed up his maths?

Soldato
Never mind all this nonsense about 50%=1/3, is no-one wondering why he was out in a threesome with his mate and his wife? Perhaps it was the horror of being the third wheel that messed up his maths?

Did he say the third party was male? We could have a legend on our hands here...

Have re-read the post, alas he's a third wheel struggling with primary school maths. :(

Soldato
I've gotta ask man...why was 50% ever involved? you get the bill, divide by 3..and then start throwing 50%'s around? :D

IIRC it was something like I said I would pay 1/3 and gave 50% of what they did or something similar and the wife said that giving 50% was too much if I was only paying 1/3. So they paid 100, I paid 50 so my "50%" was 1/3 of the final total. We were drunk on Hols in Spain if that helps?

A good point picked up by few, the wife is one of my oldest friends and I've known both the husband (mate 1) and wife (mate 2) since we were at school together. The wife's brother (mate 3) was my other best mate, with mate 1 started to date mate 2 once they were 18.

All 3 families also know each other quite well so I'm good friends with mate 1+2+3 families as they all are with mine.

So not odd and no threesomes although at some point we've all seen each other nude, which is odd TBH.

Soldato
IIRC it was something like I said I would pay 1/3 and gave 50% of what they did or something similar and the wife said that giving 50% was too much if I was only paying 1/3. So they paid 100, I paid 50 so my "50%" was 1/3 of the final total. We were drunk on Hols in Spain if that helps?

A good point picked up by few, the wife is one of my oldest friends and I've known both the husband (mate 1) and wife (mate 2) since we were at school together. The wife's brother (mate 3) was my other best mate, with mate 1 started to date mate 2 once they were 18.

All 3 families also know each other quite well so I'm good friends with mate 1+2+3 families as they all are with mine.

So not odd and no threesomes although at some point we've all seen each other nude, which is odd TBH.
Maths always make more sense when drunk:p. I understand now you've explained a bit better:D.

Caporegime

Though your initially account of in the thread was rather confused. It might well be that your explanation then was muddled too rather than the wife being bad at maths.

Back
Top Bottom