PES 2019 - All aboard the hype train!

Soldato
I’ve switched back to PES for the first time since 2008.

I’m loving it, Vs the Fifa demo it feels loads better.

I’ve got the PESFile Option File too if anyone wants it sent over, updates all teams, players, kits, stadiums and competitions.

Soldato
Can anyone tell me how the hell I can find the controller settings (I.e turn off assisted passing, shooting etc - not the button change menu).

I’m definitely missing something simple so someone please tell me lol

Soldato
Bought it last week but ive traded it in today, just couldnt get on with the game, felt too slow and sluggish for me, online play was a bit choppy and tough finding an opponent. Felt great in training too, just online it seemed sluggish.

Soldato
Ideal - I remember having the same back in the PS2 days and loading the file on with one of those memory cards. No idea where we got it from!

Shall I trust you my email address?

Yeah ping it over and I’ll forward you the download link, it’s pretty simple to do and just like the old days it’s got all the instructions too!

Soldato
There is a weird feeling on the WEPES subreddit at the moment with a mixture of Fifa players coming across to this version of PES and claiming it to be the second coming of Christ mainly based on gameplay, on the one hand, and on the other seasoned PES players claiming it to have the worst AI and most pathetic modes in years. What is going on? This is probably the year when I will do without a football game tbh :( At least until the PES usual suspect emerge from Twitter radio silence and at least explain they acknowledge the issues.

Soldato
Just playing the master league and got promoted to the prem.
Looking at the transfer budget it's not increased from when I finished the previous season, is that it or does something happen a few weeks in and the bord give you another budget?

The new transfer windows started as well.

Cheers

Soldato
I think there are only a few select tribes in the Amazon rain forest who fully understand the mechanics of the PES transfer/wage budget system. Suffice to say that if you play on for multiple seasons you will end up with an absolutely massive transfer budget that you cannot use up, and a minuscule wage budget that forces you have have only a core team of 11ish players on massive wage full contracts, with the rest of the squad forced to be loanees whose money comes entirely out of the transfer budget. This is how it was in PES2018, and by all accounts it is the same in 19.

Associate
Quote taken from Metro Gamecentral on release:

The artificial intelligence is a major, major problem. It can’t be stressed enough. Playing offline against the computer is an unmitigated disaster, and not for the reasons you might be thinking. This isn’t a difficulty issue, it’s a broken mechanic issue.

In its launch day state, the AI will spend 90% of its attacks sending in low crosses. That isn’t an exaggeration. This tactic is so ingrained that we have witnessed strikers clean through on goal, approach the keeper and turn and run to the touchline just to turn again and put a low cross in. It is madness.

Strikers don’t shoot unless they are 10 yards from the goal and they most certainly don’t capitalise on counter-attacks.

The word ‘gamebreaking’ is extreme but we are talking about a significant flaw in the AI that makes games against the computer tedious, predictable and totally devoid of tension when you know their forwards are only looking to get into a position to cross the ball."

Has this been fixed? I'm considering buying for PC but Pro Evo in the PC subforum is fairly dead due to previous Konami abortions being served up.

Back
Top Bottom