Pet advice

Soldato
I'm thinking about getting a pet. I'd like something that I could keep in my room, so no dogs or cats. I'm unemployed at the moment but I'm looking for work so it needs to be something fairly low maintenance on the off chance that I find work (I have enough money saved up to take care of myself and an animal for at least a couple of months). Any suggestions, I'm open to just about anything?

Soldato
No offense but If your considering a pet you need a job first, what if the animal fulls sick and needs expensive vet treatment!

Soldato
If I remember correctly Rotty's cat Ace (Bengal) fell very sick and cost him over 3k in treatment, well the pet insurance coughed for that anyway:D, but you see my point pets can be expensive.

No offense but If your considering a pet you need a job first, what if the animal fulls sick and needs expensive vet treatment!

I'm unemployed now and have been for the past four months, should my cat that's lived with me while i was employed for the last three years be taken off me and given to someone with money? :(

Man of Honour
I'm unemployed now and have been for the past four months, should my cat that's lived with me while i was employed for the last three years be taken off me and given to someone with money? :(

Happily I don't think that was the point, more likely that if you're thinking about getting a pet then it would be better to do so when you've got a regular and guaranteed income so that you can definitely afford to take care of it.

Rats, gerbils, hamsters etc all tend to be fairly easy to look after and cheap to do so plus you can easily keep them in your room. That's what I'd be looking at if you're determined to get a pet right now.

Soldato
Get soemthing a bit more exotic, you can get some awesome looking stick insects and other insects.

Or a baby snake? Full setup would be about £70, but in the near future will need a full size tank which would cost you a few hundred. Same would go with a spider or something :)

Back
Top Bottom