Pet Sematary remake

Associate
Cannot wait, looks a lot closer to the novel than the original film was. Stephen King films are back on the rise since IT: Chapter 1 last year, thank god. A lot more adaptations are coming.

Soldato
meh, wait till it turns up in Poundland. book wasn't one of his best, film wasn't either, sequel was ****** attrocious, this looks nowt special at best and awful at worst, depending on how some of that content is handled.

Associate
What does it matter anyway. Boycotting films due to spelling and grammar. Just lol!
I totally see it eye to eye with you here. Frankly speaking, "sematary", which by the way, IS a non-acclaimed form of American spelling, just like "nite", "theater", etc., has a certain appeal to me (being a pro interpreter/translator by profession) and I like the way we can "play" with the English language....a thing you cannot do with other Indo European lingos :):)

Soldato
I'm not really boycotting it because of the spelling it was a throwaway joke on non UK English spelling. I'll use sarc tags next time.

Wanders off to upset some other people with comments on how one spells sacrifice...........

Associate
I used to read James Herbert/Stephen King/Dean Koontz in my youth. Nowadays not a fan of gore (either books/films) and prefer simple old fashioned spooky stories now!

I always thought that with Steven King books; When transferred to the silver screen were always a lottery. However, from what I remember (having only seen the original movie only once) that Pet Sematary was pretty good. I would be interested to see if this remake improves on the original. I still remember the original scene with the actor who played Herman Munster.

Back
Top Bottom