Petition to sack Chris Packham from BBC

Soldato
Sack him for following the law and campaigning to get the law changed? Why don't they just do the same rather than resorting to threats and personal attacks?

Caporegime
I'll round up my ANTIFA mates we love a good riot over things we don't like, if getting people sacked from their jobs doesn't work violence is the answer in these progressively tolerant times.

Caporegime
I support the ban.
Nature balances itself.
Issues like pigeons at airports will obviously get licences.

The argument it will cause decline in song birds when humans ruin their habits is by far the most destructive is poor.

Funny how nature was OK before our intensification of farming etc.

Soldato
Actually I do like him even though I may disagree with some of his views. To disagree with him is no reason to deprive him of a livelihood. That goes for many from the left and right that I also disagree with.

Soldato
Sick barstewards.

If you disagree, campaign against it and raise your concerns properly. Don't have a hissy fit and string up birds.

It's not even like it's a ban, the general licenses got withdrawn, you can apply for an individual license to shoot these 'pest' birds, including pigeons, Canada geese and crows. This gives more control to ensure it's done only where necessary.

Caporegime
seems like a bit of a lets put the lime light on me thing to do. its a old time thing which with result of this will lead to a explosion of pigeons everywhere which will result in more disease and damage . basically when you have too much of one animal in a certain location what nature does it introduces a disease to naturally cull it. this is why cull happen to stop disease. its a age old thing. pigeons are flying rats.

Soldato
seems like a bit of a lets put the lime light on me thing to do. its a old time thing which with result of this will lead to a explosion of pigeons everywhere which will result in more disease and damage . basically when you have too much of one animal in a certain location what nature does it introduces a disease to naturally cull it. this is why cull happen to stop disease. its a age old thing. pigeons are flying rats.

They're not though, are they. Also, nobody has taken away the right to shoot/cull these birds where necessary.

Caporegime
what will happen because of this in reality ? more of the pests will be flying about which = less rarer birds more damage. more disease.

Man of Honour
Even on a typical day they wouldn't get much support on this one. Given the current nature drive they are screwed :p. Who are we to decide what lives and what doesn't?

Oh no, a dead bird tied to my gate :p - our cat brought back worse. It makes me laugh that our farmers even have time to do this.

Soldato
We have a wood pigeon that nests in our fruit trees every year. Quite funny seeing the fat ******* wobbling around the garden. Also funny seeing, later in the year, the massive chick filling the precariously balanced nest - does not look secure!

We've had a sparrowhawk coming and going for a couple of weeks, picking up some of the smaller birds (sparrows, of course, and bluetits), and I'd wondered if it would go for the pigeon - I saw one being pinned down by a sparrowhawk during a bike ride along the canal last month - but to be honest, I think this particular pigeon is just too massive.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Flying rats, best thing for them is a 177 BOOM HEADSHOT, Crows are a menace in the countryside and Geese need to culled significantly, ideally with blunderbuss style cannon.

Back
Top Bottom