petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Soldato
Brighton is the same I actually pass 6 filling stations on the way to work and right now one has fuel and long queues and that'll be dry by tomorrow unless theres a miracle. Local tv news is all about people driving around looking for fuel

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19611847.recap-petrol-station-chaos-shell-bp-stations-close/
Yep exact same as london anywhere with a high population density it seems is dry as the sahara...lot of corruption going on as well :mad: some drivers clearly know exactly when the fuel is going to arrive (probably bribed the forecourt staff who usually say they do not know!).

Soldato
I see no signs of improvement in London. 27% out of fuel is simply not right in London. I haven't seen one with fuel in my local area
London is insane 10PM last night a local Asda just got a delivery of fuel & 2 mins later a queue which stretched for about a mile of mainly people carriers & chelsea tractors appeared out of nowhere...no way they were all random someone somewhere is tipping people off for money when the tanker is due...lot of corruption going on for sure right now! Just after 11PM Asda was dry again :(

Man of Honour
London is insane 10PM last night a local Asda just got a delivery of fuel & 2 mins later a queue which stretched for about a mile of mainly people carriers & chelsea tractors appeared out of nowhere...no way they were all random someone somewhere is tipping people off for money when the tanker is due...lot of corruption going on for sure right now! Just after 11PM Asda was dry again :(

You have to wonder - I'm assuming there are groups online - the fuel station near work minutes after the tanker turns up people are swarming like locusts even late at night or early morning. Many just seem to be brimming their already nearly full tank and cans.

Hoping things calm down by Friday night or otherwise it will start to affect me - couple of times people have told me where there is fuel but by the time I've got there either it has all gone or the queues are insane and I can't be bothered with it.

Soldato
You have to wonder - I'm assuming there are groups online - the fuel station near work minutes after the tanker turns up people are swarming like locusts even late at night or early morning. Many just seem to be brimming their already nearly full tank and cans.

Hoping things calm down by Friday night or otherwise it will start to affect me - couple of times people have told me where there is fuel but by the time I've got there either it has all gone or the queues are insane and I can't be bothered with it.
Has to be no other explanation for it no way so many cars turn up all at once its all pre-arranged either cash in hand to the forecourt staff or some other non trackable method :( if this continues the country will grind to a halt they are already diverting fuel from supermarket delivery sources to forecourts...they would not do this if the situation was expected to improve as its not getting better anytime soon!

Soldato
@Rroff Try using google maps + live traffic filter to spot traffic levels near local stations is the go to headsup but you still need to join that long queue!

Caporegime

Local Facebook groups for sure. The one local to mine has 'fuel at xxxx' as the main posts now.

Permabanned
I managed to fill my van up yesterday on a small garage no queues or limits. Took my car out last night and got must have past 6 petrol stations completely out, then finally went to a self service Asda station where they had a £30 limit. So still very hot and miss around me.

Soldato
Local Sainsburys station, open and no queue. Shell one less than a minute away, a queue of mostly vans and SUVs...

I suspect diesel supplies are the main problem now.

Associate

People are posting on local social media groups where there is petrol. It takes one person to post it and the local neighbourhood will descend on the petrol station.

Associate
I would have thought that all the panic buying ***** would have filled up by now and the situation getting better. I went to get some petrol last night as running low. Tried 5 stations and all closed/empty !

Soldato
Surprised the police aren't issuing fibres for obstructing a highway. Petrol station full, carry on driving.
They do not seem bothered! Monday night when I'm stuck in an epic traffic jam caused by the local forecourt being utter fools on how they managed traffic flows into their station first cop car just drove away did not thing...then when the traffic queues doubled another different squad car appeared closed the forecourt & directed drivers to try elsewhere as only 2 pumps left open & causing way too much disruption to the local area due to the nature of the position of the forecourt.

Soldato
People are posting on local social media groups where there is petrol. It takes one person to post it and the local neighbourhood will descend on the petrol station.
Its getting worse in London for sure they are selling out fast when it does arrive unless your lucky & or know the tanker timings for delivery you end up wasting fuel trying to find some!

My understanding is nearly all forecourt fuel in London comes from the Esso terminal @ Heathrow regardless of which brand of petrol it is.

Associate
I managed to fill my van up yesterday on a small garage no queues or limits. Took my car out last night and got must have past 6 petrol stations completely out, then finally went to a self service Asda station where they had a £30 limit. So still very hot and miss around me.
How are ASDA doing £30 limit? Can't you just put the gun down and restart it, pay with a different card second time?

Soldato
The two tesco petrol stations near me are gridlocking the entire town, its crazy. People are just blocking junctions to stop people jumping in front of them in the que even though people like me just want to go to work.

Last edited:
Associate
Its getting worse in London for sure they are selling out fast when it does arrive unless your lucky & or know the tanker timings for delivery you end up wasting fuel trying to find some!

My understanding is nearly all forecourt fuel in London comes from the Esso terminal @ Heathrow regardless of which brand of petrol it is.
That's interesting if the all come from one terminal

Soldato
I see no signs of improvement in London. 27% out of fuel is simply not right in London. I haven't seen one with fuel in my local area

std said ->
London is thought to have been particularly badly hit by the weekend wave of panic buying with the capital having far more drivers per filling station than other regions. Hundreds of forecourts have been converted into shops or developed for housing in recent years.
In the decade to 2011 alone 29 per cent of forecourts shut. Yorkshire and Humber was hardest hit, losing 33 per cent of stations from 2001-11, followed by London 32 per cent and the South West 31 per cent.

Back
Top Bottom