petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Caporegime
Does E10 work in petrol mowers if it didn't work in older cars?
Most people I know that have one have had them years as they last ages.

depends on the lawnmower and age. It might eat seals and wear out the carb, even worse if left in lawnmower for some time (which is more likely with a lawnmower than a car)

My quadbike, strimmer, chainsaw and poo hoover all cost a lot of money so not taken any chances and just using super from now onwards.

Man of Honour
Still seems to be screwed around here - seeing more and more people locally on Facebook desperate to fill up as they are now down to fumes.

If I can't fill up Friday I'll have no choice but to take time off or panic buy an electric car if any left for sale - though even then the turnaround on buying is a few days.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

WHy? I need cans for my strimmer and quad bike and poo hoover. I take three to fill up every few weeks of E5.

You don't "need" it though, not like people getting to work. I'm sure your grass can stay unmowed for a while.

Caporegime
You don't "need" it though, not like people getting to work. I'm sure your grass can stay unmowed for a while.

But my field cant stay free from horse poo and I need the quad bike to check on the animals around the farm. Animals more important than somebody trying to get to work for a desk job they could probably do from home if their manager trusted them.

Man of Honour
Seems to be a London issue which is weird considering it has the best public transport in England and it's such an amazing place you never need to leave? :p

Not just a London issue - I can't speak for all over the area but much of the area south of the A303 between Mere and Ilminster seems to be pretty bad - and it isn't like supply isn't getting there mostly - though apparently a lot of the fuel stations in Weymouth area haven't had their last couple of normal deliveries but I can only go on 3rd hand information for that.

Associate
Filled up the car ahead of a trip at the weekend.

Drove past quite a few stations that were selling fuel on way back from work and forecourts were more or less empty, and filled up at a sainsbury's petrol station which was at pre crisis price 1.319

This is in the Chester area.

If i hadnt looked at this thread would assume that we were also back to business as normal. Speaking to friends in Cornwall seemed like there wasnt much issue around there either.

Man of Honour

Guy I used to work with who moved to Derby was saying on Facebook earlier totally no problem up there, fuel stations have no shortages and hardly anyone using them!

It largely seems to be a London and south coast issue - people seem to have lost their minds.

Soldato
Seems to be a London issue which is weird considering it has the best public transport in England and it's such an amazing place you never need to leave? :p

Funny, just spoke to my parents who live on the Norfolk/Suffolk border and they said the situation is much the same there...lots of empty stations, and those that arent are inundated with queues.

Caporegime
It does seem to be a southern thing. Some petrol stations have run out round here but never for more than one day. Mainly rural ones who perhaps only get one or two deliveries per week and the slightly extra demand means they dont quite last to their next delivery.

Havent seen any major queues either.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Filled up the car ahead of a trip at the weekend.

Drove past quite a few stations that were selling fuel on way back from work and forecourts were more or less empty, and filled up at a sainsbury's petrol station which was at pre crisis price 1.319

If i hadnt looked at this thread would assume that we were also back to business as normal. Speaking to friends in Cornwall seemed like there wasnt much issue around there either.

I'm not far from Chester, 5-10 miles sort of distance and I can also say that things appeared to be back to normal - when I filled up earlier there were cars at about 50% of the pumps which is about "normal" I'd say. Most stations here seem to have fuel now.

I'd guess it is due to proximity to Stanlow, tankers have less distance to travel so can be filled more frequently?

Associate
I'd guess it is due to proximity to Stanlow, tankers have less distance to travel so can be filled more frequently?

Staff at Stanlow are debating whether to take industrial action due to wages, bonus payments and pension.

Given tankers were always considered one of top jobs in trucking, it's amazing companies like this lot and Hoyer at BP have so many upset workers.

Soldato
Guy I used to work with who moved to Derby was saying on Facebook earlier totally no problem up there, fuel stations have no shortages and hardly anyone using them!

It largely seems to be a London and south coast issue - people seem to have lost their minds.
This statement times infinity! Its insane & these same areas have the highest population density.....! UK fuel crisis: Government 'GASLIGHTS' the nation on fuel | Daily Mail Online
If were in government & had even half a bran cell you would figure the areas with the highest population density would be the key areas to increase tanker supply to ASAP. Tories lost any remaining support they had down south...not that labour will be any better they will win by default due to voter apathy !

Soldato
Not just a London issue - I can't speak for all over the area but much of the area south of the A303 between Mere and Ilminster seems to be pretty bad - and it isn't like supply isn't getting there mostly - though apparently a lot of the fuel stations in Weymouth area haven't had their last couple of normal deliveries but I can only go on 3rd hand information for that.

Seems to be all along the south in general most stations still closed and queues here south of the M25 though not as massive as they had been earlier in the week

Soldato
Finally after 1 week of trying at silly hours like now :eek: managed to get a full tank of glorious Shell V power 99 RON :D price was jacked up into the stratosphere though @ 1.53 per litre (up almost 20p in a week!) :rolleyes: No buying limits at the forecourt queued for about 35 mins not too bad it was moving quite quickly you could see your progress. But still some real greedy people there filling vans up then walking around the back & proceeding to also fill a large array of jerry cans :rolleyes: others were hogging certain pumps then co-ordinating with people they knew to jump back ahead of the queue by reversing around to then proceed to fill all the containers in their boot blocking other vacant pumps :mad: Those people are very lucky the people around them were passive with the actual shock of being able to get anything :rolleyes: because I could easily see some taking offense to that tactic in a very big way & things getting out of control very fast...all in massive people carriers & well you can guess the rest ... :rolleyes:

The forecourt(s) really need perm stewards to constantly manage the pumps (they can afford it must be making an absolute fortune right now with such strong demand!) until the panic dies down otherwise I can see some very ugly scenes over later today & the weekend!

Back
Top Bottom