• Start date

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

Hello,

My Peugeot 307 failed its MOT this weekend on two counts:

- Needing new tyres (now sorted)
- My nearside headlight unit being unsecure

A couple of years ago I had a minor accident, and I think during this time the plastic *sigh* seals which hold the unit to the engine bay were snapped. While the headlight unit won't break free, Hal-Frauds failed the car as it wasn't secure.

Today I used loads of Araldite to seal the unit back to the bay. I am considering taking it back tomorrow to see if it will pass, the unit is now secure in my opinion. As Hal-Frauds is quite far away, and I would need to nip out of work to get it checked, I wanted to gauge opinion on whether people in the know think it might pass?

I can post a picture if visuals would be useful?

Thanks,

Tom

Soldato
Mine would have failed for similar with the headlight, they just used cable ties and strapped the back of the light to the body work, holds it solid. + they passed it.

Soldato
Mine is zip tied in on one side due to a similar coming together with an undetermined object before I bought the car..
Mine passes :D

Associate
Yeah it doesn't have to be pretty so as long as your headlight aim is still ok then your fix will be fine. If they fail it again tell them your going to get a second opinion from VOSA, then watch them hand you a pass ticket.

Back
Top Bottom