Peugeot have really upped their game!

Soldato
OP
11% carwow, but still makes it £8,000 more than the one I was offered. Must be that Peugeot depreciation kicking in. It's a late registered '18 plate.

I have to travel 2.5hrs each way for it though, as the dealership I was in had their ones for a lot higher price.

Soldato
We have a couple on the fleet at work (2008 and 3008). We've had no end of troubles with them after around 6 months. Electrical faults, and most horrifyingly of all, auto gearbox failure on the motorway happened to the 3008, whilst barely 3 months later, handbrake fail (electronic) with the 2008.
We've found them to be like the Vauxhalls on the fleet, amazing to sit in and drive when brand new, but after a few months, stuff starts going wrong and you begin to wonder what the actually economics of owning a car that spends around 25% of it's life being repaired actually gives you?!

Soldato
OP
We have a couple on the fleet at work (2008 and 3008). We've had no end of troubles with them after around 6 months. Electrical faults, and most horrifyingly of all, auto gearbox failure on the motorway happened to the 3008, whilst barely 3 months later, handbrake fail (electronic) with the 2008.
We've found them to be like the Vauxhalls on the fleet, amazing to sit in and drive when brand new, but after a few months, stuff starts going wrong and you begin to wonder what the actually economics of owning a car that spends around 25% of it's life being repaired actually gives you?!

No wonder they kept saying "well give you free AA cover with it" then

Mmmmm

Seems more positive owners reviews than negative ones, but are of course a few worrying ones. Just checked the same reviews for my current car which is similar reading. Guess all cars have faults. Not as bad as a range rover though! or is it?

Last edited:
Soldato
You're always going to end up paying more for premium brands like BMW/Audi/Mercedes etc, in theory you pay for the quality and better components, but as we all know that's not always the case anymore.

Caporegime
They have really upped their game recently yes. I must admit I do like the look of quite a few of the new cars they offer. Previously for quite a long while they were just dreary unreliable crap.

Soldato
You're always going to end up paying more for premium brands like BMW/Audi/Mercedes etc, in theory you pay for the quality and better components, but as we all know that's not always the case anymore.
Mercedes doesn't do well in most reliability surveys, like LR and Jaguar. 'Premium' cars eh...

Soldato
I must admit I had a 308 a few years ago and did about 60k miles in it over about 3 years and the only thing that went wrong was a temp sensor that cost about £60 to replace. Other than tyres etc. Not sure I'd be brave enough to drop £20k on one though.

Soldato
OP
20k on a Peugeot, that depreciation is going to sting.

They reckon 11k in 4yrs if I do a PCP. PCP gives me more of a discount it seems, even if I pay it off with a tesco loan a day later.

I'm sure it was Peugeot giving the discount, not the dealer

If they do drop like a stone though, maybe keeping the car on a PCP is best. That way I know what's what. Imagine if in four years it worth £500

Soldato
They reckon 11k in 4yrs if I do a PCP. PCP gives me more of a discount it seems, even if I pay it off with a tesco loan a day later.

I'm sure it was Peugeot giving the discount, not the dealer

If they do drop like a stone though, maybe keeping the car on a PCP is best. That way I know what's what. Imagine if in four years it worth £500

They all drop like a stone.

Soldato
Getting something a year old after it's taken its main depreciation hit has got to be a better idea. What I've noticed though with the French cars we've had (3 Citroens and a Renault) is they are fine when new, but after a year or so the interior gets a bit rattly.Our current Seat is still solid inside at 2 years old, and that's hardly a premium make.

Back
Top Bottom