PFA Player & Young Player of the Year 2011

Associate
We're top of the league, unbeaten and I've just proven that he's scored in just as many games as the second highest scorer Tevez and if you really want the third highest scorer Carroll. If Berbatov shouldn't be considered then neither should Tevez or any other striker in the league

Clueless.

It's about the best player, the player who influences games consistently the most, beit a striker, midfielder, defender or 'keeper.

Berbatov hasn't done that this season.

Prawn sandwich?

Soldato
Had this argument already :rolleyes:

Berbatov - 19 league goals scoring in 9 games
Tevez - 14 league goals scoring in 9 games

Berbatov has scored in just as many games as any of the other leading goal scorers, he's just scored more

Is the award per calendar year or per season though? If we're talking last half of last season, world cup and the first half of this season, has there been anyone as consistent as Tevez? He was certainly miles better than Berba last season.

Soldato
OP
Clueless.

It's about the best player, the player who influences games consistently the most, beit a striker, midfielder, defender or 'keeper.

Berbatov hasn't done that this season.

Prawn sandwich?

He's scored more than anyone else in the league - check
He plays for a team that has more points than any other team in the league - check
He plays for a team that's yet to be beat - check

I'd say factor those 3 things in and it proves his been very influencial

Ironic that I'm the clueless one

Caporegime
Martin Kelly ;D

Don't know anyone who has been consistently good enough to win it, Modric (hurts to say that =<), Tevez.

Rafael isn't worth mentioning.
Berbatov certainly is worth a mention.

Young Player - Don't know, guess Bales worth a shout, although i think he was overhyped, how olds nani now aswell, hes been cracking this season/end of last for united, actually i'd go for him.

Associate
Actually it's not (well it's the end of Jan at the moment), votes are made next month

Well I do remember UTD getting hammered by Liverpool a few years back in mid march and that was a few days before the voting closed. Before the game it was widely expected that Vidic would win the award, but he had hard a nightmare and that was that.

Soldato
Was that the game he bent over and let Torres take his innocence? When he let the ball bounce over his head for the first goal?

Back
Top Bottom