PFA Player & Young Player of the Year

Soldato
Permabanned
Robin van Persie for his goals and carrying the whole Arsenal team
Sergio Aguero for his amazing skill and how he has coped with English football

Don
Robin van Persie for his goals and carrying the whole Arsenal team
Sergio Aguero for his amazing skill and how he has coped with English football

I'd agree there. RVP has been the most consistent player in England that's for sure and pretty much single handedly got Arsenal back into the top three. I think everyone thought Siva would be destined for this but he's gone off the boil. Kompany should be there, City are woeful at the back without him. I'd have Dempsey over Hart and Parker too.

Aguero has done really well in his first season scoring some very good goals, City have made the mistake of not working their team around him in the past few months.

Soldato
I don't think there can be any question about RvP winning the main one. Aguero would be a very good shout for the Young player, as well.

Welbeck, AOC, Hart? What is this? Welbeck has been decent, AOC has been great when he's had the chance, but he's had far too little chances to be on the shortlist for the award. Hart I don't even think is the best 'keeper in the league. Many keepers in the league I think should be on that list, if he deserves his place.

Soldato
It's always a bit weird (after all Gareth Bale won it last year :p) but the votes are taken in March and it apparently involves all players at all 92 clubs picking just two players so I imagine that is part of where some of the weirdness comes from - you'd probably get a far more 'sensible' shortlist if it was picked by say, a 10-member committee and then everyone voted based on the shortlist.

Soldato
OP
Ahhh, he can't be any older than Aguero? Thought he'd qualify for the young one at least

Well he qualified to play for Spain in the under 21's.....

But yeah Mata is a glaring omission, he's been far more consistent than Silva and imo been better as well. He should certainly be in ahead of Hart & Parker. Given when the votes were cast I'm surprised Ba didn't make the list as well.

Soldato
RvP/Ag.

And Tom Ba wouldn't be on the list! They only ever nominate top 4 players, god only knows how Hart got in ahead of Krul or how Krul didn't make that list at all. He has Ben phenomenal this season.

Back
Top Bottom