Phantek RGB Adapter Does Not Fit Gigabyte Motherboard?

Associate
Hey all,

I have purchased the following adaptor to use with my Phantek Halos.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phan...xNtzCwm7grgjspBxU9iy1FKdlRW47axEaAn6lEALw_wcB

On Phanteks website here it claims compatabillity with "Gigabyte RGB Fusion"
http://phanteks.com/PH-CB_RGB4P.html

My motherboard is a Gigabyte 270X Ultra with a 5 pin RGB header.

The issue is that when I go to plug in the phantek header it is physically too big to plug in to the 4 pins with out bending the 5th.

Is this a common issue or am I missing something? All gigabyte boards will have the same 5 pin header, so is this just not compatible or are we expected to bend the 5th pin?

Thanks

Soldato
Sounds a bit odd to design something where you need to bend the pin in some cases.

The 5 pin headers also have a W channel, I expect for a RGBW system rather than plain old boring RGB.

The Phanteks seems to be designed around a locking connector and not just a pin header that Gigabyte has.

Soldato
If you click the compatibility section on the Phanteks product page, whilst they do show a Gigabyte Fusion logo(perhaps in error), it does not list any Gigabyte motherboards. I'd be inclined to email Phanteks and ask them directly and specifically.

Associate
OP
If you click the compatibility section on the Phanteks product page, whilst they do show a Gigabyte Fusion logo(perhaps in error), it does not list any Gigabyte motherboards. I'd be inclined to email Phanteks and ask them directly and specifically.
I have sent them an email but have not heard anything back as of yet. They only list 3 or 4 motherboards on their list, no way that can be conclusive surely.

Soldato
Maybe not, but better to get a definitive answer than chancing it. If the pins aren't lining up nicely, i'd not risk my hardcore forcibly testing it.

Soldato
4 female from phanteks to 5 male pins on ggabayte board. You just got to leave the 5th pin not plugged in and you get this

B9NWtDx.jpg

Only the digital ones isn't supported and you need xspc switch cable to get it to work

Associate
OP
4 female from phanteks to 5 male pins on ggabayte board. You just got to leave the 5th pin not plugged in and you get this

snip

Only the digital ones isn't supported and you need xspc switch cable to get it to work

Thanks, So I have the same header in the same place on my motherboard. But it will not physically press down as when it is lined up with the 4 pins, it catches the 5th as the head is too wide so it can not go down. Yet the header will be the exact same size as your Aorus board, wtf

Soldato
Thanks, So I have the same header in the same place on my motherboard. But it will not physically press down as when it is lined up with the 4 pins, it catches the 5th as the head is too wide so it can not go down. Yet the header will be the exact same size as your Aorus board, wtf

yeah 5th pin get moved/bent a bit . Used that phanteks connection which is slim! and other hard female socks which pretty much bends the 5th pin!

whats annoying is I ALWAYS plug the wrong 4 pins in haha

FYI- if anyone want to use the Digital Halo with Aorus boards.. need this - crossed over the 3 lanes to the standard layout other vendors and products use

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xspc-3-pin-gigabyte-rgb-30cm-extension-cable-wc-468-xs.html

Associate
OP
yeah 5th pin get moved/bent a bit . Used that phanteks connection which is slim! and other hard female socks which pretty much bends the 5th pin!

whats annoying is I ALWAYS plug the wrong 4 pins in haha

FYI- if anyone want to use the Digital Halo with Aorus boards.. need this - crossed over the 3 lanes to the standard layout other vendors and products use

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xspc-3-pin-gigabyte-rgb-30cm-extension-cable-wc-468-xs.html

Ah so it is normal for the 5th pin to get bent/moved while using the phantek then. Am I understanding correctly?

Associate
OP
So I have now heard back from phantek. After showing them pictures of the issue they have stated that the older style cable will fit. They have offered to send me one out for free, so when this arrives will update and confirm if it is a better fit.

Thanks all

Soldato
So I have now heard back from phantek. After showing them pictures of the issue they have stated that the older style cable will fit. They have offered to send me one out for free, so when this arrives will update and confirm if it is a better fit.

Thanks all

ah didn't realise they changed the style of it ?

Back
Top Bottom