Soldato
Kind of hoping I will be able to fit a 3080 founders edition vertically if they ever become available
Use this as a reason to buy a nice shiny new AIB CPU cooler :D

I been thinking of buying a new 280mm AIB CPU cooler myself.
But i also been thinking it maybe better just to use that money towards a proper water cooling setup

Associate
Use this as a reason to buy a nice shiny new AIB CPU cooler :D

I been thinking of buying a new 280mm AIB CPU cooler myself.
But i also been thinking it maybe better just to use that money towards a proper water cooling setup

I'm really not a fan of AIO water cooling, if was going to water cool it would be a custom loop so I could cool gfx card as well, but cba with that either these days, just want a quiet system I don't need to worry about or maintain.

Not sure how wide founders 3080 is but I like the silver on the card would look good in my new build

Associate
Received my case a few days ago.

Even though I've not received my 5600X yet, I decided to install my motherboard and psu. After installing and routing cables, I noticed on the back side of the case, the bottom of frame had been damaged. There was no sign of damaged to box or packaging so must have been damaged in the factory. I managed to bed the the frame back. Not a massive issue but disappointing non the less. You can still see s split in one of the frame holes where it split.

https://ibb.co/sPNgKJH
sPNgKJH

Associate
Looking to pick up a Gun Metal grey, I see an ETA how accurate are these normally? Seems like all of he P600S sold out over night and not come back.

Associate
Managed to pick up a P600s in black for a bargain price of £70. Swapped my system over from evolv today and loving the new case. Only gripe is the fan hub cable is too short, my x570 tomahawk has all the system fans at the bottom of the board and the fan hub cable is nowhere near enough. Think I have an old Noctua 4 pin extension cable round my dads so will see if I can dig that out.

Associate
Managed to pick up a P600s in black for a bargain price of £70. Swapped my system over from evolv today and loving the new case. Only gripe is the fan hub cable is too short, my x570 tomahawk has all the system fans at the bottom of the board and the fan hub cable is nowhere near enough. Think I have an old Noctua 4 pin extension cable round my dads so will see if I can dig that out.

Out of interest have you seen any improvement in system temps since switching if you have the front panel open?

Soldato

Wow! That's a fantastic price. I've just transferred my system into a P600s. Really liking it so far.

It used to live in a Corsair Obsidian 900D which was just a total monster. I'm a lot happier with the Phanteks. It was a little tricky to build in, as my PSU is an older Seasonic SnowSilent 1050 XP3. It's 190mm long so plays havoc with the lower hard drive cages. Can't have all four cages in and can't even have the cage in the middle :( That will be rectified in time. Having to sort out some extension cables and some different SATA cables as my older style ones just don't fit cases with vertical drive mounts for the 2.5" drives :D

Running a Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black on my CPU now. It's gorgeous, but no one will see it as I bought the version without the window. Same with the RTX 3090 (standard mounting). I'm so happy Phanteks did that! That's what made me go for the P600s over the P500a non-RGB.

Associate
I have a quick question regarding the P600S that I've not been able to find much for so far, what's the biggest combo of rad and fan that can be fit in the front while still fitting a 360x30 up top? I've got a 360x40 and a 360x30 handy with fans and wonder if this'll fit properly as I've seen some photos with thin rads up front that don't look to have much space between that and the end of the rad slot part and a few pics with what look to be 360/420x60mm rads up front with a set of fans that looked like they wouldn't have fit in the other photos and what have you, many thanks in advance :)

Associate
I managed a thin 360mm up top with fans and a regular 360 up front but it was a tight fit
By a regular are we talking 30mm, it's been a while since I've been in the water space all told so I'm not quite familiar with whether regular is 30mm or if that's considered slim etc, the rads I've got handy are 360x30 and 360x40, if we reckon that'd fit I'll grab one shortly :)

Associate
Finally got round to moving my bits over, got it all done now including the new parts such as the R220, sadly the supplied fan hub seems to be faulty as it wasn't controlling my new fans at all or giving the wrong readings, put my older Phanteks fan hub back in for the time being waiting for them to hopefully send me a replacement.

I'll be going hardline in new year, wanted to get everything in before Xmas so I can see how it goes:

kWzcsb8.jpg

That was when I was leak testing earlier, now I've got it home settled on a light blue with purple running through the case RGB, not got it wired to my motherboard as it's the 3pin rgb header and my mobo only has the 4 pin ones.

Quick question as I can't tell just from looking at it, how thick is that rad at the front? I wound up breaking one of my rads with a rookie mistake (picked up one of the longer screws) so I'm on the hunt for a new one and thought I'd may as well go a bit beefier if I can, is that a 60mm or is it closer to a 45mm? thanks

Soldato
Quick question as I can't tell just from looking at it, how thick is that rad at the front? I wound up breaking one of my rads with a rookie mistake (picked up one of the longer screws) so I'm on the hunt for a new one and thought I'd may as well go a bit beefier if I can, is that a 60mm or is it closer to a 45mm? thanks

60mm Mayhems Havoc

Back
Top Bottom