**PHANTEKS GLACIER WATER COOLING RANGE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER**

Soldato
Hi,

These are now in stock.

awesome! does that mean pre-orders being shipped out today :D

something that might help your sales and Phanteks sales... you got any dead RMA cards you could bolt these to for ACTUALLY representation. hate it when companies use 3D renders, specially for the 3rd party cards :D

Associate
I will just leave this here:

download.png

Full review coming up soon on TPU.

Soldato

one bad point, the finish on the contact side is poor... GPU raise you can clearly see the machining. Intels stock cooler has a smoother finish!
To lazy to polish the Die and Ram contact area but with the rest of the product and box looking above par, was really shocking to see!

Last edited:
Associate
Here's the thing about machining marks- some of the best diamond tip tools leave those marks, but the surface is as flat as practically possible. If you can move your fingernail on the surface and not feel anything, you are good to go. A polish to remove said marks can sometimes do more bad than good, although it is possible to buff the marks and still get a near flat surface.

Soldato
Here's the thing about machining marks- some of the best diamond tip tools leave those marks, but the surface is as flat as practically possible. If you can move your fingernail on the surface and not feel anything, you are good to go. A polish to remove said marks can sometimes do more bad than good, although it is possible to buff the marks and still get a near flat surface.

oh you can feel the Butt and crack - there is a score mark running down the center of the die contact area ....

I do get the feeling this is first batch run teething. and seems OCUK has reported this on to Phanteks. Have fitted the block, paste fills the butt crack area....
see how temps go whether or not I RMA it off, to much of a hassle but at the same time, its an expensive block. will try and get a snapshot of the score mark

**** see the bottom side of the die contact area for the score, right in the middle and runs to the core of the contact area

Back
Top Bottom