Phishing via the phone!!!!!!

Soldato
ok guys, never has this happened but a woman (Indian) calls me maa this morning and she asks about a loan in 2007 (she did actually take one out but not that year) she said we had £1000's in PPI and asked to CONFIRM some details, she was with the bank company my mum is too, lucky she wasn't silly to give her details but the indian woman callled back at tea and I answered and basically asked "so again who exactly do you work for?"

phone dead.............

I don't know if this is new or happened to people. I know from emails but never house phones. If anyone else calls or something I should answer then and record the message for evidence.

Now 150 I call and get a number, it would invovle the police. I don't really care because scum like her cost too many people too much

Soldato
It means the call likely originated abroad, meaning the legal position is different, it also may help people recognise the scam, although frankly it's not as sophisticated as some.

Associate
We get probably one a month of those types of calls, despite being on the opt-out lists. generally they claim to be from any large company they think you're likely to have dealt with. i.e. The bank, Microsoft, Energy firms etc. The dead giveaway is that pause when their war-dialler hands the live call to an operator.

Associate
I had a call like this last night, she gave me the company she was calling from, but i cant remember what it was. Sounded like she was in the pub with the amount of background noise..... I asked her how she got my number and she said i must have disclosed it to a website who then sold it on......

Told her i had to put the kids to bed and hung up.

Soldato
I'm getting a lot of calls asking for a previous tenant at my address, When I ask who they are calling from, they put the phone down. Really doing my head in at the moment. It is usually international or withheld numbers.

Associate
51VFLm7iFeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Associate
I'm getting a lot of calls asking for a previous tenant at my address, When I ask who they are calling from, they put the phone down. Really doing my head in at the moment. It is usually international or withheld numbers.

They're probably on a 'sucker' list.

Back
Top Bottom