Photobloggies Awards 2007 - Oi! You There!! Vote For CyKey Now!

Soldato
Some of you may have seen on his blog that the 2007 Photobloggies are now taking nominations.

I know he would be really grateful if you could vote for him ( www.petemc.net ) in the following;

Best Western European Photoblog
Best Landscape Photography
Best Kept Secret
Photoblog of the Year
Photo of the year: this one please

pierheadhdr.jpg

I think he totally deserves to win (as you can see from the pic above!!) and I'm sure the support from OcUK would be really appreciated, as well as being a lovely thank you for all the hard work he has put in to this place and the advice he has given people. :)

There's 3 fields per category so you can vote for anyone else too, not just CyKey. I'd just love it if you could spare a vote for him. :D And just so you know, it records your email address for unique votes and you won't be spammed!

Thank you :) And don't forget to get all your friends to vote too! :D

Soldato
Kell_ee001 said:
I think he totally deserves to win
Agreed! :) I've already voted as he asked asked in his RSS feed the other day. Would be good to see him win as he has taken some of the best photos I have seen.

Permabanned
I'm going to go against the grain here and I will tell you why.

I don't believe that someone should win something like this just becuase someone (such as yourself kell_ee001) started a thread on a popular forum and got loads of people, the majority of which probably don't even know him, to vote for him.

I think that's wrong and kind of selfish. Sure Pete may deserve to win, but by receiving hundreds of votes from people who don't know why they voted for him? If it were me in his position I wouldn't be flattered by that. Maybe he would think differently to me though.

Thats just my 2p.

SDK^ said:
I can't vote - there is not HDR category :p
I was looking for that too :p

Colin_da_Killer said:

I don't believe that someone should win something like this just becuase someone (such as yourself kell_ee001) started a thread on a popular forum and got loads of people, the majority of which probably don't even know him, to vote for him.

I think that's wrong and kind of selfish. Sure Pete may deserve to win, but by receiving hundreds of votes from people who don't know why they voted for him? If it were me in his position I wouldn't be flattered by that. Maybe he would think differently to me though.

Thats just my 2p.
So someone else will win instead due to his/her friends voting for them for the exact same reason here.

Permabanned
Fstop11 said:
I was looking for that too :p

So someone else will win instead due to his/her friends voting for them for the exact same reason here.
You missed my point entirely...

I know lots of people do it, hence why I won't be voting becuase these popularity contests are a mockery, the people that win it don't win due to a huge fan base, they win due to a few from the fan base spamming popular internet sites to promote them and lemmings following into the ego-race unaware of even who or what they are voting for.

Soldato
Colin_da_Killer said:
by receiving hundreds of votes from people who don't know why they voted for him?
Most of the regulars here will have seen what he has posted in the past, and I would hope vote for him based on the merits of his photography - I certainly did :)

Permabanned
Jotun said:
Most of the regulars here will have seen what he has posted in the past, and I would hope vote for him based on the merits of his photography - I certainly did :)
I am a regular too ;)

I'm not trying to get people not to vote for him! Deffinately not! I think he is very talented I just don't agree with people blindly voting and threads like this meant to promote that faulse popularity...

Soldato
OP
Colin_da_Killer said:

Thats just my 2p.

Most people in this forum (and I have only posted it in this forum, not even in GD where most people know me from) are aware of CyKey, the help and advice he gave as a UB and his photgraphy and so would vote for him because of that.

Anyone can see his site and his work though by clicking on the links in the OP and if they like his work vote for him. His work is also shown on other sites, in magazines and of course his own site (the one in the OP) is a public for all to see anyway.

Really this thread is drawing attention to the competition more than anything, and I am reminding people of one of our most respectyed and most talented members.

Permabanned
Kell_ee001 said:
Most people in this forum (and I have only posted it in this forum, not even in GD where most people know me from) are aware of CyKey, the help and advice he gave as a UB and his photgraphy and so would vote for him because of that.

Anyone can see his site and his work though by clicking on the links in the OP and if they like his work vote for him. His work is also shown on other sites, in magazines and of course his own site (the one in the OP) is a public for all to see anyway.

Really this thread is drawing attention to the competition more than anything, and I am reminding people of one of our most respectyed and most talented members.
You maybe have only posted it in this sub-forum and not in GD but for christ sake you have a link to this thread in your signature, so actually you are promoting in every section you post in, so don't play that card ;)

Don't make this black and white, I was throwing my 2p in, if you don't want it, throw it in the wishing well and pray that CyKey wins.

Back
Top Bottom