Photoelectric Sensor Switch.

Associate
Started a little project which involves using a photoelectric sensor switch and a pneumatic air system to open something when the sensor is triggered.
Everything works but not how I expected it to. When you trigger the sensor the door opens but then shuts as soon as you move away from said sensor.
Not being that great with electric's I haven't got the knowledge to know what I now need to keep it open when triggered and then shut once triggered again.
If anyone has any options that could help I would be must grateful.

Associate
I'd guess that the use of a latching relay may help. When the sensor is triggered it causes the relay to latch, which in turn triggers your pneumatic system. The relay will stay latched until it gets another signal from the sensor, causing it to unlatch and stopping the signal to the pneumatics

Associate
OP
I'd guess that the use of a latching relay may help. When the sensor is triggered it causes the relay to latch, which in turn triggers your pneumatic system. The relay will stay latched until it gets another signal from the sensor, causing it to unlatch and stopping the signal to the pneumatics

That is pretty much what I need then, will have a look about online.

Back
Top Bottom