Pic of the Day (3nd Nov)

Associate
iss_sts112.jpg

Full size Image.

The developing International Space Station (ISS) has changed its appearance yet again. Last month the Space Shuttle Atlantis visited the ISS and installed the third of eleven pieces that will compose the Integrated Truss Structure. The new S-1 Truss is visible on the right, below the extended solar panels across the top.
The world's foremost space outpost can be seen developing over the past few years by comparing the above image to past images. Also visible above are many different types of modules, a robotic arm, several wing-like solar panels, and a supply ship. Construction began on the ISS in 1998 and the core structure should be in place before 2005. Yesterday, the ISS celebrated its second anniversary of continuous human habitation.

2nd Oct 02
31th Oct 02
30th Oct 02
29th Oct 02
28th Oct 02
27th Oct 02
26th Oct 02
25th Oct 02
24th Oct 02
23th Oct 02
22th Oct 02
21th Oct 02

Soldato
Nice, pretty impressive h'achievement for the human race don't you think? To build and live up in an hostile environment such as space is quite something.
Is it only Russia and America involved in the 'International' project?

Associate
If you click the "big picture" link you'll notice several stars in the background...

And considering the brightness of the earth in this pic I dont think you should see too many stars.

WHat that other thing is you have encircled I cannot say :)

Soldato
Looking at it more, it does look like the ISS has been layered on top of the image. If you notice the front-facing cylinder, it's not quite circular at the edges. The same with the the extended circular cylinder above it. Also note the circular dish near EHs circle, close-up looks dodgy, may well be jpg artefacts though.
Interestingly, if you increase the brightness of the piccy, there some strange fogging going on in the blackness of space. In the top-right corner there's a smudge that looks like a thumb-print on a glossy-print, then scanned in, or the use of a paint/eraser tool at the wrong colour to remove something. Oooo... I love conspiracy theorising!
May well have been some careful editing going on.

Soldato
Originally posted by Event Horizon

And WTF has happend to all the stars:confused:

That is one of the "things" the nutters talk about when they say the Americans Faked the Moon Landing. theres No stars when on the moon, well duh, can YOU see stars during the DAY here? ;) I know the sky looks like its night, but its very much day time there, otherwise you wouldnt see anything :)

Now that... hmm Very Strange indeed :confused:

Back
Top Bottom