[PIC_THREAD] Landscapes, Architecture, Seascapes

Soldato
Finally got around to using my camera for the first time this year, despite struggling to remember what the various buttons did I actually quite enjoy it and its given me that kick up the backside to get out and shoot again. Yes I know I've done plenty of these "looking up" pics before...but hey I enjoy them. :p

Looking Up March 2022 01
by Andy Baker, on Flickr

Looking Up March 2022 02
by Andy Baker, on Flickr

And

And

Associate
Morning light... Enjoying the light as the sun rose behind me, from a cairn on Penycloddiau looking over the Vale of Clwyd to Snowdonia in the distance. Four shots focus stacked (shot at 82mm) with an additional shot for the sky.

Morning light
by Andy Davis, on Flickr

Man of Honour
Fantastic! I really must start doing that myself. I've only been in a couple of situations where that would have benefited, but it looks great and I'd like to do more. Can you run through the stages for me? So is that four shots at different exposures, plus a focus shot on the sky in the background, all stacked together?

Soldato
Phone shot from Fairy Falls on Skye
IMG-20220403-121809-01.jpg

And one from Storr

IMG-20220402-121026.jpg

I have also brought my RX100 with me and wil go through and edit some "proper" shots when back home

And

And

Associate
Thanks. I find I do it quite a bit when I'm close to some foreground interest I want to emphasise and I'm shooting @16mm or similar - a lot of the time I can get away with two focus shots. I have my camera set up so I can digitally zoom at the touch of a button and check focus then go through the stack that way first before I take any exposures.

For this shot the quick answer is it's focused foreground, cairn, heather, far hills with a second shot at far hills exposed for the sky. In PS auto-align all, auto-blend all but the sky exposure, blend in sky. I'll add this workflow to the PS course I'm putting together.

Fantastic! I really must start doing that myself. I've only been in a couple of situations where that would have benefited, but it looks great and I'd like to do more. Can you run through the stages for me? So is that four shots at different exposures, plus a focus shot on the sky in the background, all stacked together?

Back
Top Bottom