[PIC_THREAD] People, Portraits, Street

Soldato
I was in Westminster today to see if there was anything worth photographing regarding the State Opening of Parliament. I walked to the grass area opposite the Houses of Parliament where you see all the political interviews and there were tons of lights and cameras set up plus reporters. I was at a metal barrier and a woman walked towards me and said "Can I get out this way?" I said "I'm sure it's fine, let's move this barrier out the way". She said "Who are you?" I told her I'm an amateur photographer. She said "Oh, maybe you can take some photos of me, I need some new ones". I'd not heard of her but it was Rupa Huq, MP for Ealing and Acton. I think she must have just finished an interview. So she handed me her iPad to take some photos, and then I shot some with my camera where I emailed five pics to her House of Commons address. She just replied "Thanks so much, good work. Let me know if you are around again ever or up for taking pics generally". So that was fun. :)

This is her on Good Morning Britain from a while back.

And these are my photos today.

Rupa Huq 1 by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Rupa Huq 3 by Merlin 5, on Flickr

I didn't send her this one, lol.

Rupa Huq 6 by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Soldato
Not much activity in this thread these days.

Most of the photography sections do seem fairly quiet GSXRMovistar but that's not necessarily a bad thing is it?

With Halloween just behind us I thought I'd share one of my older images from a Voodoo Doll Halloween shoot intended to highlight the fantastic work of make up artists:

J6qsi4q.jpg

And in the interest of providing context to my work here's a completely unedited behind the scenes capture from that event:

lyh7qIl.jpg

Soldato
I don't really do street/portraits but below is a capture on a train last year.

1940s+Dress.jpg

Back
Top Bottom