[PIC_THREAD] Wildlife, Animals, Birds, Zoo

Soldato

Went to Horsey Beach the other day as I read the seals are now giving birth. I found this little fella on its own, about 100 feet from other seals. Hoping it wasn't abandoned.

Man of Honour
Went to Horsey Beach the other day as I read the seals are now giving birth. I found this little fella on its own, about 100 feet from other seals. Hoping it wasn't abandoned.

Friends of Horsey Seals keep a close eye on the babies and take them in if they are abandoned, the biggest problem is people and dogs getting too close and scaring the mums off :(

Soldato
Friends of Horsey Seals keep a close eye on the babies and take them in if they are abandoned, the biggest problem is people and dogs getting too close and scaring the mums off :(

That's good to know. Yeah there were a few dogs on the beach, some not on leads. There was also a couple of dead pups there too which made me think this one was abandoned.

Associate
Warwick Castle, thing was huge. Nikon Z6 ii, 70-200 2.8.

51773104449_30d23e34bf_o_d.jpg

Soldato
We get those on our feeders which is really annoying. Our neighbour feeds the foxes so the rats have a good feed there and then come into our garden to top up on the bird food.

Soldato
We get those on our feeders which is really annoying. Our neighbour feeds the foxes so the rats have a good feed there and then come into our garden to top up on the bird food.

This is down by a meadow, there's half a dozen or so bird feeders there. By the time the rats have finished there's not much food left for the birds. You get owls, buzzards, kestrels etc but the feeders are at the edge where the rats are covered by the hedges and trees.

Associate
I'm going through some picture I took on the 1st March. It was an unexpectedly sunny day. I'm trying out the Sigma MC-11 converter between my Sony A73 and Canon EF 70-200 2.8 II. It is very hit and miss. Especially if the subject is moving directly towards you. It gets the first one or two shots in focus and then goes to pot. I'm undecided on whether to keep it so that I can continue using the lens (my favourite pre-sony lens), or sell them both and put the money towards the Sony equivalent. Anyway, I got this one and I'm really chuffed with it. I haven't done anything to it; jpg straight off the card.

View attachment tcFPtmx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom