Picasa iPhoto conflict

Soldato
I know having read many threads on this issue that it has been around for some time. I have Picasa installed on my iMac and of course iPhoto. Every time I launch Picasa the application goes through a thumbnail sync of all my photos. If I'm quick and click on one of the thumbnail images the result always appears to be the same i.e. the images are linked to iPhotos "masters". If I delete and rebuild the Picasa database file then all is fine - until that is I launch iPhoto whence the problem reoccurs.

I have also done a repair of the iPhoto library but this didn't appear to make any difference. Has anyone else experienced this issue and more importantly solved it? OS - OS X Lion fully updated, Picasa is also up to date.

Soldato
OP
Probably - most people surely wouldn't use iPhoto AND Picasa, seeing as they're intended to do almost exactly the same thing

You're probably correct. Of the two I think Picasa is the better option as whilst it creates folders plus you can edit and tweak it doesn't actually do anything to the actual files in the pictures folder. iPhoto on the other hand creates events which if you delete the file it is then deleted from the HD and your pics are gone for good. Mind you I do like the way iPhoto automatically orientates pics straight from my camera.

Back
Top Bottom