Picked up a new bike today

Soldato
Perfect weather for it, really enjoyed the 2 hour drive home... Quite a different beast to the vfr800, in fact it really does feels like a bmx to ride in comparison - pics aint great but here it is:

sb8by6.jpg

fs8y6.jpg

Soldato
OP
Nice. have fancied a ride on one of these for a while. What's acceleration/handling like?
I would highly recommend anyone have a test ride, before I rode it I had test ridden a cb1000r, Tuono, the new z1000 and a speed triple 1050 all in the space of 2 weeks, and within a minute of getting on the SD I knew I had to have one, its just the most fun I've ever had.

It obviously pulls really hard in any gear being a big twin, front comes up easy just on the power, fueling is a tad snatchy down low though which is my only gripe on the engine. It's got WP suspension all round and quite aggressive geometry so the handling is absolutely pin sharp, certainly the most confident I've ever felt on a bike.

I'm usually a jap fan so was a little hesitant buying a euro bike but everything just feels of such high quality I'm sure it will hold up as well as a jap bike.

Overall its just a great little fun package.

Soldato
OP
I know, I know a non orange KTM is a bit of a no no, and I would have probably preferred orange to, but this bike was just excellent value; I paid £6k and its an 09' with 4k on it, loads of extras, and 1 owner who really looked after it.

Back
Top Bottom