Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Soldato
Has anyone tried using a Spears and Munsil HD benchmark and calibration disc, was it any better? I bought one off the rainforest place and am going to give it a go on my 55E6V.

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Is the main diff with the B6 and higher versions related to included sound systems? I have my own surround and no need for soundbars or the like.

Soldato
Well its official.....

Well those that are waiting like me on the HDR game mode + LAG 28ms fix will be waiting forever...

its been over a month now american b6 tvs have the firmware but we UK variants are still waiting on the firmware.....

looks like well anyway by the looks of this post on avforums
https://www.avforums.com/attachments/screenshot_20170208-174948-png.822388/

someone posted LG`s reply to there question about the firmware...
and seems the reply is well its like there not even working on releasing it....

its ******** thats what it is..... well if we UKers dont get this update soon or the info im reading is false and we do get it then great, but if we dont then this will be the last LG tv i purchase.

i think the problem is down to the REALTEC chipset they use in the UK variants
compared to LG`s own made chipset they use in AMERICAN variants ...... its either inferior to there`s or they only update there own tech....

either way im ****ed off and so should you guys from the UK be as well.... its like we are getting different updates depending on geo location from LG instead of the same features and updates to all variants....

sorry to go on and on like a broken record but sheesh...

Caporegime
The American and UK versions of the B6 both use a Realtek chipset.

I wouldn't even listen to what LG's support say, half their people have no clue what is going on, most people have had replies that it's in testing.

Other people on the forum have said that engineers have deployed firmware on their TV's that are never than the 04.30.65 on the LG website.

Associate
Why the picture settings doesn't get saved for me. I believe it's only when watching HDR series(amazon prime) I calibrate the HDR picture settings then when I quit and come back later on, it returns to defaults.

Caporegime
I'm also doing a Resident Evil 7 madhouse run in HDR mode and because it's not a twitch shooter I don't even notice the lag.

PSVR was far more immersive and scary, but the HDR looks good

That's not to say I don't want to the HDR mode for stuff like Final Fantasy XV and Uncharted 4 but it's not completely unplayable on certain games.

Soldato
Im getting an OLED. Was going get the 55B6 or 65 if they come down close to 2k but I play a lot of games which the xbox upscales to 4k hdr.
If LG won't allow the UK B6 to get the lag fix I was thinking the E6 as don't like the curved C6.
Its prob down to sales if they still have a lot of E6's in stock.

I know tv makers usually don't care about last years tv's like with my previous Samsung js8000 i had to get a new Xbox to watch Netflix in hdr.

Soldato
Slightly related....I didn't realised LG actually had a 1080p OLED out in last years range, the 910V.

I'm not really interested in 4k given the 12ft+ distance I view at, and I can deal with no HDR now that the 910V is sneaking towards the 1000 EUR price barrier I set myself for a new TV.

Anyone know how the UI/streaming services/input lag etc fares? Is it the same performance as the 4k sets?

Soldato
Slightly related....I didn't realised LG actually had a 1080p OLED out in last years range, the 910V.

I'm not really interested in 4k given the 12ft+ distance I view at, and I can deal with no HDR now that the 910V is sneaking towards the 1000 EUR price barrier I set myself for a new TV.

Anyone know how the UI/streaming services/input lag etc fares? Is it the same performance as the 4k sets?

The 910v is a cracking TV. I have one, watching it right now as I post this. There was a firmware update that came out near the end of last year that reduced the input lag a lot, it's 29ms now. It's not an issue on this set anymore. The UI only lags on startup. Once the set is on a minute or two I find the UI opens up quick enough. I have had no issues with streaming services. I use Amazon, Netflix and plex, have zero problems.

If you can get one built after April 2016, mine is May, then you should get a set with no problems. If you have any questions just ask :)

MY other set is a Pioneer Kuro LX5090 so that gives you some idea of what I am comparing it to. The 910v is better.

Soldato
Yep 1080p is actually still valid. I discovered that watching 4k on a 55" over 8ft away it becomes difficult see the difference between 4k & full HD. That & there's no 4k gaming console atm it kinda makes sense to use a 1080p TV. Granted the PS4pro does a fancy upscale to 4k but that upscale may demand an even closer viewing distance to see an improvement? A beefy PC can game at 4k but as HDR has not kicked off on PC yet & it's price I don't see that as an option.

I'll go for 4k though as can manage an 8ft viewing distance + like 4k media.
A shame about the B6 game lag & still has motion issues which everyone is moaning about on AV forums.

Caporegime
I have 4k HDR PC games, they work fine on the B6V

The HDR gaming mode can't come soon enough though.

I don't have any motion issues though, maybe some people notice it more than others? To be honest you get people on the AVForums sending 5x different TVs back to try and get a perfect one so a few members are a bit OTT.

Soldato
The 910v is a cracking TV. I have one, watching it right now as I post this. There was a firmware update that came out near the end of last year that reduced the input lag a lot, it's 29ms now. It's not an issue on this set anymore. The UI only lags on startup. Once the set is on a minute or two I find the UI opens up quick enough. I have had no issues with streaming services. I use Amazon, Netflix and plex, have zero problems.

This. Absolutely love my 910v. I run it without any issues at all, its so much nicer than my Panasonic Plasma I had before. Gaming is great with Full colour mode setup nicely on the PS4 it looks better than any of my friends 4k LED sets.

Soldato
Yep, I bet a PS4 on a 910v would look better than on a Samsung KS9000.
Just went Currys to look at the DX902 & the flipping feet are 46" apart! Sat next to an £800 Samy the Samy looked way better, guess they don't want it look as good as the 6k samy lol.

Back
Top Bottom