Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Soldato
Tbh next year if they can get the OLEDS up over 1k nits without major issue with variable refresh is definitely going to be the time to buy. If they are not stupid money that is......

I was listening to the avforums podcast and apparently OLED in its current form might not be able to hit above 1k nits.. this might explain why we have not seen a big jump in nits on the 2017 models compared to the 2016 models.:)

Associate
OP
Ah fair enough I was lucky and got my full £1300 back I paid for the KS 7 months ago. So it only cost me £200 to swap to the B6. I would not have paid £1k extra for one which I why I returned the first. It's better in a lot of respects but still lacking in others. HDR was more impressive on the KS especially in games like Horizon 2 but the depth of colours is better in n the B6....

Tbh next year if they can get the OLEDS up over 1k nits without major issue with variable refresh is definitely going to be the time to buy. If they are not stupid money that is......

That is a decent deal! It's the colours on an OLED, nothing gets close, it's hard to explain unless you've watched decent quality content on two panels and can directly compare them. We fell in love with the webOS as well, got a 49UH770V for the bedroom. Picture is good enough but not a patch on the OLED. Having all the smart functions is superb though.

Soldato
Checkout Daredevil s2e5 41min in the restaurant. The coloured lights look better in DV but they looked a lot better on a Samsung JS8000 with Xbox 1s in HDR. Life of Pi looked a lot more vivid on the Samsung too.

Soldato
I'm all setup now for a few years. B6 and Yamaha 2700 great Picture and Sound even the wife was impressed.....

16j34o.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Would love one of these tv however would mean credit card so can't do it :( whilst I like my 4k tv it's just a budget Samsung one and not a patch on this!

Soldato
I'm all setup now for a few years. B6 and Yamaha 2700 great Picture and Sound even the wife was impressed.....

:cool:You adjusted your settings you posted a while back or still using the same.

I was watching Night at the Museum on Netflix last night and Im really pleased with how good this TV can improve just HD picture. 1080P content looks so much better, more depth to the picture and the deeper blacks really do improve everything.

*Also in that pic you originally posted, mind telling me how you hide your cables, from the TV?

Last edited:
Soldato
Have tweaked the settings a little here and there but nothing much different.

The cables run down the middle. I loomed them up with cable ties and they feed up and over the tv mount so they are central. My OCD can cope with one tidy bunch central just..... lol

Soldato
Have tweaked the settings a little here and there but nothing much different.

The cables run down the middle. I loomed them up with cable ties and they feed up and over the tv mount so they are central. My OCD can cope with one tidy bunch central just..... lol

Cheer's will try sorting then as mine looks a bit messy. What do you have your Oled light at and Brightness? you still on gamma 2.2.

Soldato
Mines actually 60 was in game mode when looking.....

I like it higher otherwise I find you start to loose detail. It's still nice and dark when needed.

I guess with your brightness at 48 you would need it higher?

I think generally Oled light around 40-60 is pretty good, any higher is to bright and any lower than 40 is to dark.

Soldato
I guess with your brightness at 48 you would need it higher?

I think generally Oled light around 40-60 is pretty good, any higher is to bright and any lower than 40 is to dark.

I find raising the brightness causes it to go grey whereas raising the OLED light keeps it nice and black but brightens things up.

It's all down to taste and individual setups. Everyone likes something different.

I'm loving the Yamaha it sounds stunning. Just ordered one of the little music cast speakers to go with it.....

Last edited:
Soldato
You should get pure blacks up to 52 anything above that I think you start to raise blacks.

Netflix 4K, the line down the left is my camera phone, image is in motion.

Really happy, OLED light is at 47
CfaU2c1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom