Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Associate
I never really bothered with 3D on my old Pana plasma but since I've had my E6 my 3D viewing has increased dramatically. Typical that it would die out as I finally start to invest.

V F

V F

Soldato
I never really bothered with 3D on my old Pana plasma but since I've had my E6 my 3D viewing has increased dramatically. Typical that it would die out as I finally start to invest.

I've never liked that feeling with 3D. Felt like your eyes were trying to go a little crosseyed.

Soldato
I thought 3D was better on the Panasonic DX902 (using cheap Samsung glasses), maybe because its twice as bright as OLED :rolleyes:
Plus faking 120fps by forcing 3D in games worked on the Panasonic, but stutters on an E6.

Maybe manufacturers decided the easiest way get more nitts was to remove the 3D polarising filter from a panel, considering the poor uptake in 3D by the public.
Plus Samsung put the LED's along the bottom to eek out 1400 nitts from an edgelit. Thereby destroying the cinema black bar, so does this mean the JS range which can play movies better & has 3D is better than the KS & QLED :D
I'm guessing Samsung have abandoned FALD for the same reason I returned 2x DX902... because the HDR brightness which gave instant high long lasting nitts also showed up all the flaws in the LCD, plus trailing LED matrix lights.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I don't get any artefacts using motion controls. I use a custom setting of 1 and 3....

No idea what you are doing with the colours tbh I have no issue with colours not being vivid . I spent ages toning them down tbh...

I didn't realise you meant user motion settings. All is well now :D Set it to 2 and 10 (which was default) so may reduce them both a notch. But this has solved what I saw as a tracer effect but I now understand others mean judder.

Now if only I can get HDR from PC looking normal. I know the game has to support it but there must be a way to get Windows looking good? It's an over saturated mess in it's default form.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Soldato
hey, would u guys reccomend this as a monitor?

I often leave static images on my TV for an hour or so. IR/burn in would drive me crazy.

My current samsung LED handles this like a champ, would i be better off with an LED?

Soldato
hey, would u guys reccomend this as a monitor?

I often leave static images on my TV for an hour or so. IR/burn in would drive me crazy.

My current samsung LED handles this like a champ, would i be better off with an LED?

I would not use it as a monitor with static images like that personally, may just lead to giving you headaches.

55B6 at £1449 at RS for anyone who is interested, which is decent!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-...premium-smart-tv-with-freeview-play-6-2696558

Soldato
I use my PC and show the windows desktop on mine, but it's not a dedicated monitor.

do you think its worth going for a KS8000/LCD variant if I want to use it as a monitor?

I often leave on static images for a 10 minutes to 2 hours, open up windows.. basically its the dedicated monitor.

Associate
In case anyone wants to try my calibrated settings, this is for ISF dark room

Just registered, as I wanted to thank kidloco for these settings.

I've had my B6 for a few months now, and was never fully happy with the AVForums, Darko, or rtings settings.

These however, are the business, especially in a light controlled environment like my own.

Soldato
How funny, was just about to quote them settings from kidloco myself after trying them out yesterday.

They seem to improve the skin tones a lot for me, before everything had this dirty yellowish tinge to everything, now everything looks more natural, weather the oled light at 80 has a big effect on the differences Im noticing not sure as before I was using Oled light at 47 and gamma 2.2

@kidloco, are you still using these settings or tweaked at all. Thank's

Soldato
Did you copy just the WB settings, I found using oled light 40, contrast 80, gamma 2.2 with the above WB settings gives me a good picture, especially skin tones, and thats with using warm 2 of which was very yellow before I tried the above.

Yes copied all settings.

I've got the 65" B6 so I'm wondering if these settings were from a 55" B6. Maybe that's why it does not look so good for me.

As for skin tones everybody had jaundice.

I still prefer warm 1 myself.

Back
Top Bottom