1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picked up my new car this weekend........920hp V10 Audi RS6!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by ianh, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Acme

Caporegime

@ianh - Do you have a quick reference list of the work you've had done/specs for 900~HP?

Mate of mine who has one currently running 731HP is wondering. :)

I've been trawling through the thread trying to piece it together but I'm not sure whats changed etc. :p

2. NoNameNoNumber

Mobster

Does this help @Acme

3. Acme

Caporegime

Oooh thanks I missed that :)

4. ianh

Mobster

@Acme - The prices for a lot of the parts has changed (more expensive) so add about 25% to the cost as a minimum. The turbos for example have over doubled in price!!!

5. ianh

Mobster

:D :D :D :D IT'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Picked it up earlier today and, after a few nervous moments trying to remember how my car actually worked (it's been 19 Months since I last drove it) and making sure it was all taxed, had AA cover etc I finally took it out for a quick 50 mile spin. However with the Methanol/Water mix being 19 months old and having none at Unit20 I took it easy until I could get back home and replace the old meth mix with new but even at 1/2 throttle it's still surprisingly quick.

So next up is a trip back to Unit20 for a "post 500 mile" check next week just to make sure everything is spot on after such a massive rebuild, plus it'll be back at Unit20 in the Autumn (while I'm back in Saudi) to finish off the suspension refresh as the metal DRC pipework is corroded to buggery and needs replacing yet there's none available at the moment. Currently the struts are still unchanged until the pipes are ready.

At some point I also need to book a trip to MRC for a map tweak for more torque but I'll ask them to look at the top end as there was evidence of the cylinders running just too hot even with Water injection etc after 10k miles of 900+hp so I'll get the top end dropped a little (around 870-880ish) just to be safe.

6. -westy-

Capodecina

Lol, 1/2 throttle with 900bhp being "surprisingly quick". No ****.

7. grudas

Capodecina

Good to hear that's it's back on the road! Guess that was expensive haha ? Coming the the meet then? ;)

8. Cleisthenes

Soldato

Hurray!

Congrats, can't wait to see it again.

Your poor wallet :(

9. CaptainRAVE

Caporegime

Wait, where has it been?

10. Cleisthenes

Soldato

From what I remember I think there was a crack in a cylinder wall. Could be wrong, it's in this thread somewhere.

11. geekman

Mobster

Fantastic! I don't want to think about the bill, even by RS6 standards it must have been pretty impressive

12. ianh

Mobster

The bill was bad but I'd actually budgeted double the amount expecting "The Worst" but the garage did me a huge deal with the labour bill.

I fly back on the day of the meet, doh! Plus I'm back in Stoke when I'm home now.

Spent 19 months in a garage with the No1 cylinder scored (I also moved abroad in that time). We think the piston swelled due to excess heat and allowed the rings to touch the wall scoring it in one place and losing compression/blowing oil etc.

13. CaptainRAVE

Caporegime

Ah, I remember that now. Glad it is sorted.

14. Telecaster

Mobster

Probably in the thread somewhere, but what's the comfortable limit of the standard spec or with minimal mods before expensive stuff is required?

15. Acme

Caporegime

About 730HP.

16. Telecaster

Mobster

Is that the limit of the gearbox or something else?

17. Scania

Capodecina

To be fair, a ~ 730bhp HGV (Scania R730 / Volvo FH750 etc) is “surprisingly quick” - more than enough to surprise van and some car drivers even pulling a 8ton trailer, 730 in a car must be quite something!

18. Acme

Caporegime

Not sure, you'll have to ask the man himself. :)

19. NoNameNoNumber

Mobster

I think he did lol, but you chipped in :D

Great news Ian!

20. Acme

Caporegime

Figured I would since I know a couple of people with them at around that power. Breathing mods and a re-map gets you that kind of figure. As seen in the first post of this thread. :)