Picking up new car next weekend :D

Soldato
Well been looking for 2 months now, and finally found it at the right price, got 5k part ex for my old car which aint bad considering I only paid 4800 for it a year ago!

Car is a Focus ST-2, 14000 miles on the clock, paid 11k for it, didnt bother asking for a discount as I got more for my car than I expected.

Associate
good choice mate, you won't be disappointed. I have had mine for 8 months, still as much fun as the first day.

If you want a bit more power take a look at mountune (still on my list of next purchases)

Man of Honour
Maybe he traded something in, and "paid" in currency 11k?

No, he explains he got £5k for his old car.

This is how dealers work. He was so chuffed with getting £5k for a car he paid £4.8k for a year ago he didnt notice the only reason he got such a great tradein price is because the dealer was shafting him on the sticker price.

Golden rule of part ex:

Sticker price = meaningless
Partex value = meaningless
Cost to change = everything

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;15026275 said:
No, he explains he got £5k for his old car.

This is how dealers work. He was so chuffed with getting £5k for a car he paid £4.8k for a year ago he didnt notice the only reason he got such a great tradein price is because the dealer was shafting him on the sticker price.

Golden rule of part ex:

Sticker price = meaningless
Partex value = meaningless
Cost to change = everything

Not that bad, Glass/CAP valuate the ST-2 at 11495 based on 40k milage. Considering every other valuation i had for my car was around the 4k mark, to get 5k I was indeed surprised.

Back
Top Bottom