[Pics] My current state - what to do?

Associate
Right ok, a little about myself to start. I'm nearly 17 and quite frankly I have always been slightly on the large/fat side (whatever you want to call it) however have recently just purchased a bench and a set of weights along with a treadmill for my 'home gym'.

The following are a set of pictures of me as I am at this current moment and I'm hoping that some of the more experienced guys could help me by advising me where to start when it comes to fat loss -> becoming leaner/ripped.

My main goal firstly is to lose the belly-fat and tone up and then finally move on to building that muscle to hopefully get my body looking better than it does now! Obviously I aim to lose the weight as fast as possible however my long term target is that I aim to be ripped and fat-free (well.. you get the picture) by this time next year if possible?

I have been looking into the Velocity Diet and the Keto diet but i'm slightly unsure due to my age and what-not. I would really appreciate anyone that could help me out here

Thanks guys :D

Last edited:
Soldato
No need at all for the velocity diet in your situation in my opinion. just read up on the sticky about healthy eating, fix your diet and get a safe and sensible weights/cardio routine (from sticky) and you'll be feeling and looking loads better in no time.

Soldato
Dont look too bad, maybe cut calories below maintenance for a 4 weeks with a combined weights/cardio split then look to do a lean bulk. I couldn't handle a no carb diet tbh and it's not really required at your stage, it may however help in fat loss. Post up your daily diet if you're concerned what you currently eat.

Soldato
Associate
OP
That's the thing - my diet is all over the place. I usually just pick at things :p I really need to sort out a diet however that is the thing that really confuses and frustrates me. Once I have a diet written down on paper then that's a different story and i'm completely dedicated to sticking to it. It's just knowing the right amounts of this and that to include within the diet that really gets me going - I haven't a clue! :(

Associate
OP
Right, I've looked at what everyone has been saying and have begun work on a diet and workout routine. Just wondering if some of you could take a quick look over it and tell me if there's anything that I could maybe change/improve?

Monday
3 x Failure Wide grip chin ups
3 x 10 Flat Bench Press
3 x 10 Incline Dumbbell Bench
3 x 10 Skull Crushers
3 x 10 Tricep Extension
3 x 10 Dumbbell fly
Tuesday HIIT
Wednesday
3 x 10 Deadlifts
3 x 10 One arm Dumbbell rows
3 x 10 Standing Military press
3 x 10 Standing Lat Raise
Thursday HIIT
Friday
3 x 10 Barbell Squats
3 x 10 Quad Leg curls
3 x 10 Hamstring Leg curls
4 x 10 Calf Raises
Saturday Rest
Sunday Rest

As for diet - im still in the process of this however have come up with these calculations..

Weight: 144.4 lb

Protein: 144g 577.6 kcal
Fat: 70g 633.9 kcal
Carbs: 225g 901.5 kcal

Daily Maintenance level: 2613 kcal

Weight loss @ 1lb per week: 2113 kcal

Any advice would be appreciated :) thanks.

Big thanks to dark_shadow by the way for all the help he's provided me :)

Caporegime
If you lose any more weight people will stop you in the street and give you food :p

My advice would be to go on a bulk and build a bit of muscle first. If you eat healthily you probably won't gain much fat but if you're unhappy with the way you look after the bulk then go on a cut for a month or two.

Associate
OP
Ok well, cheers for the advice - I may try bulking however I hear you put a lot of weight on during a bulk and the last thing I want is to look larger than I need to. Maybe cardio before anything - until I at least begin to see some abs?

Last edited:
Soldato
You're only 144lb? How tall are you? If you're 6ft I would suggest a lean bulk because at 144lb you wont have much muscle on you currently.
Also how did you work out the maintenance level? I could do with another source to check mine (Though from my current diet it appears I'm able to gain weight at ~2750 calories a day at ~173lb).

Caporegime
That site estimated my daily calorie intake at 3290. That's over a 1000 more than I actually eat! :eek:

Easiest way to find out your maintenance level is to calorie count for a week or two. Write down the nutritional values of everything you eat and see what it comes to.

Associate
Dont bother counting the numbers...what you need to use is just use ur block on top of your neck :) ...start eating healthy food and start to try getting into some gym workout routine with a bit of cardio..and a bit of weights. Once you do tghat for a couple of months and build up your fitness and strength a bit...you can look further into it if you want to take it a bit kmroe serious. The way I look at things...you probably spent hours working out what you need to eat and the calories involved...thats allready hours lost working out:p Its pretty simple really...eat healthy and workout hard.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eat a sensible diet and commit yourself to the programme you have put up. I left school at 5'7" and 126lbs. Without the use of 'fancy dan' diets (we didn't really have them back then, it was all eat 10 raws eggs a day and as much chicken as you could shovel down you neck) and just commiting to 3 nghts a week in the gym and 4 rugby sessions a week i came out 4 years later at 190lbs and a lot fitter than i started. The main thing at the moment is to commit yourself to getting the physique you want and to put the time and effort in to get there.

Associate
OP
So what do you reckon I should do? Choose a diet with low carbs/high protein to begin to lose some fat whilst trying to retain or build some muscle or go on a full blown bulk (if I choose this option - I don't want to bulk so much that I look even 'fatter' than I already do ;))

Just got my multi-vitamins and whey protein through (isolate) so trying to plan out my diet before I really begin working hard on this plan in the next few days. Got myself a pullup bar for my home gym so that should come in handy :D

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom