Pictures of my new car

Associate
As promised, here are a couple of pictures of my new car, I haven’t had a chance to give it a proper clean yet (as it keeps raining) so it will probably look a lot better after a polish / wax. Also, before you complain, I know I’m rubbish at taking photos.

For those of you who don’t know, it’s a 2002 Jaguar S Type R. It comes with a 4.2 litre supercharged V8 which can produce 400 bhp and 408 lb-ft of torque, meaning that even though it weighs 1800 kg without a driver, it can still reach 60 mph in just 5.3 seconds.

It also has a number of optional extras, including a touch screen satellite navigation system, premium sound system and CD changer, heated sports seats and rear parking sensors. All in all I’d say it’s a pretty nice way of getting from A to B.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

JaguarSType001s.jpg

JaguarSType005s.jpg

JaguarSType007s.jpg

JaguarSType010s.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Here's one - how much?

I don’t really want to say, quite a bit more than I got for my old Xantia unfortunately. ;)

Nice engine, im sure its really a pleasure to drive. But damn its ugly :D

Yeah, it's a real love and hate thing. Personally I love the looks, especially the front lights but you're right, from certain angles it looks a little iffy.

Permabanned
very nice indeed.

The interior looks really nice, except for the "wood"
but i guess that's better than "carbon fibre" at least

but I always think that autos defy the point of having a big engine slightly.

The power is for fun... but autos aren't as fun are they? =z

That's just what I think, but I've never driven a car with either a big engine or an auto 'box, so tell me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Beast! What do they handle like tho? :eek:

It handles pretty well considering how big it is, obviously it’s not an out and out sports car, but the computer controlled suspension gives a really good compromise between comfort and handling. It also comes with absolutely huge tires and brakes, which means that it can stop in an impressively short distance.

Love the interior, Whats the build quality like? any ford switches?

Build quality seems pretty good, I’ve not owned it for very long so I can’t comment on reliability, but everything seems to work. My only complaint would be that the manual is a bit poorly written in parts, and some of the gadgets aren’t as user friendly as they should be. I would imagine that some of the switches must be Ford parts, but there isn’t anything that jumps out as being cheap or out of place.

Whats the point then if we don't know how much it cost.:mad:

I don’t want to discuss how much I paid for the car, it seems a little impolite to me. The car was purchased from a dealer and has done 70,000 miles. I paid a fair price for a car of its age and condition.

Associate
OP
feel free to not respond to my point/question

Sorry Ben, you hadn't posted when I started replying.

I think that a Jaguar must have at least some wood on the interior, a lot of the later models come with brushed aluminium instead of the wood trim and they look rubbish IMO. The pictures also don’t show the bird's eye maple off to the fullest, in real life it looks absolutely beautiful.

Regarding the automatic gearbox, there was actually no manual option due to the amount of torque produced by the engine. My car is fitted with a 6 speed ZF gearbox and it’s absolutely perfect for the car, it’s fitted with all sorts of sensors to detect when you are pushing on, and in sports mode it’s almost as much fun as a proper manual gearbox.

[TW]Fox;10778752 said:
Why, did you get ripped off?

Not really, I probably could have found an equivalent model for less money, but I liked this one so I spent a little extra.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom