Pictures of my new car

Permabanned
Regarding the automatic gearbox, there was actually no manual option due to the amount of torque produced by the engine. My car is fitted with a 6 speed ZF gearbox and it’s absolutely perfect for the car, it’s fitted with all sorts of sensors to detect when you are pushing on, and in sports mode it’s almost as much fun as a proper manual gearbox.

I'm sure a manual would still be a lot more fun when it gets down to it.

But I'm sure the auto is really good for having a nice relaxing drive.

Associate
I have actually always liked the look of the S Type and i have no idea why.

Apart from the colour it looks very nice indeed and must shift quite nicely

Man of Honour
Perhaps because his financial situation is none of your business? I personnally like it.

'His financial situation'? Don't be daft, it's the price he paid for a car not a photocopy of his last payslip. I was bombarded with numerous requests for how much mine was when I posted my new car last year. I dont see what the big deal is.

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;10778907 said:
'His financial situation'? Don't be daft, it's the price he paid for a car not a photocopy of his last payslip. I was bombarded with numerous requests for how much mine was when I posted my new car last year. I dont see what the big deal is.

Some people want to disclose the price, some people don't. I don't see what the big deal about his not posting the price is.

Permabanned
Quite nice.

Friend of mine gets to drive his parents! He's 22. Lucker.

Anyway, exactly the same spec as yours. Was really nice inside. Really comfy and even though it's a minging auto it went really well and sounded lovely.

Man of Honour
Anyway enough of the price stuff.

Not keen I'm afraid. Just looks a bit... meh. And is ruined by a slushbox. I always thought the choice in this area was an RS6 if you wanted an Estate, an E55 if you wanted an auto and an M5 if you wanted the ultimate sport saloon. The S Type-R didn't seem to fit. Which I suspect is why you rarely ever see one.

Man of Honour
Nice motor, although the styling and colour isn't to my liking.

Trim and performance and looks good to me.

Doesn't matter too much what he's paid for it, unless it's massively over the odds (which I highly doubt). As long as he's happy with it, leave him alone.

Don't see why some people are so insistent on finding out anyway. Fair enough asking once, but asking again when the OP declines is a little rude imho.

Associate
OP
How come the supercharged model doesn't have the sports pack? Makes it actually look OK.

I don’t think that Jaguar offered the sports pack until after it was built. It has got a few additions to make it stand out a little bit, for a start all of the exterior chrome trim has been removed, it’s got the mesh grill, revised front bumper and a boot spoiler. Also the interior is exclusive to the R model.

Soldato
one of those cars that on paper, you shouldnt buy

but in your chest, where it counts, it's a jag. a car for rotters and cads, and who doesnt want to be one of those.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;10779017 said:
I always thought the choice in this area was an RS6 if you wanted an Estate, an E55 if you wanted an auto and an M5 if you wanted the ultimate sport saloon. The S Type-R didn't seem to fit.

Cars you mentioned of the same age, condition and mileage are likelier to be significantly more expensive than the S-Type though aren't they? So I guess the S-Type would be the choice if your budget didn't stretch to one of the models you mentioned but you still wanted a big comfortable car with awesome straight line performance.

Man of Honour
This is true - an E55 for this sort of cash would be a pre 2002 model, the RS6 is unavailable at this budget leaving only the E39 M5 as an alternative.

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;10779017 said:
Anyway enough of the price stuff.

Not keen I'm afraid. Just looks a bit... meh. And is ruined by a slushbox. I always thought the choice in this area was an RS6 if you wanted an Estate, an E55 if you wanted an auto and an M5 if you wanted the ultimate sport saloon. The S Type-R didn't seem to fit. Which I suspect is why you rarely ever see one.

You're right Fox, brand new the S-Type R was the odd car out and that’s the reason that Jaguar only managed to sell about 400 a year. However second hand is a different matter, I’d absolutely love an E55 or M5, but realistically the E55 is too expensive to buy, and the M5 is too fragile for its own good (and I don’t particularly want to drive a manual).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom