PINATAS ROCKETS, new Indie game released for Rift on Oculus Store.

Associate
Hello to everyone in the forum.

I'm Xavier Bottet, the president and founder of a new indie game developer: La Suite Studio. We have released last week, PINATAS ROCKETS for the Oculus Rift, on the store:

"Everybody loves Pinatas…and Fireworks. It’s party time, and obviously the pinatas are part of it! Grab your rockets and get through combos one after one to illuminate your party. Collect coins to unlock new worlds for ever crazier and funnier challenges. Light up the skies with colors of Pinatas’ explosions! Ready? Let the show begin!

Pinatas Rockets is a festive and family arcade game that will warm up your game sessions. Its festive atmosphere, catchy music, and dexterity challenges make it the perfect game for family and friends. Ready to impress your friends at Pinatas’ shootings? But don’t let them mark your level with their score! Pinatas Rockets is a no’brainer game to launch when ready to dive fast and enjoy a fast-paced VR game, that will let you this banana’ smile on your face…"

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1501889473210330/

Don't hesitate to share comments, feedback on the game.

Regards, Xavier

Soldato
It does look like fun, any chance you can look into a coop mode? As fun as VR is alone, it really shines with a friend (I've just bought the misses one, and coop is great!)

Associate
OP
Hi ssmacc, also, it's clearly in the path of lot of features to implement in the game. La Suite Studio, my company, is a really small indie structure. I have 23 years of experience in the video game industry and diving too fast to deep in the dev of PINATAS ROCKETS without any guarantee of incomes was a huge brake to release the game with too much features at launch. I had to know if the game can grow, because the audience likes it. I do believe in it, the people which helped me, believed in it, but let's make it happens so it grows because the public is digging in the game and sales fund the development. I have, and we have also other levels, themes to add in the game... We still released the game in anticipated launch so it can gather a fan base. Cheers.
Xavier

Associate
OP
Hi, we're working on the upcoming update :) here is a tiny visual to tease your appetite :)
PinatasRockets_Update01.png
Cheers!
https://www.dropbox.com/home/transf?preview=PinatasRockets_Update01.png

Associate
OP
Hi Slam,

Is it a question about your experience or on the game, because we paid attention on these aspects with various play test on various players, men/women/teenagers boy or girls. Pinatas Rockets experience vary its points of interest around the player, you're not always looking in front of you, as in not reaching the best score ;) more needs will come on this point really soon. WOOOUUU, this is a teasing.
Also, the gameplay would be either repetitve also not matching kind of Fireworks scenographies.
But, there is point: If you point your touches(controlers) really high and really in front of you, PINATAS ROCKETS might start as some VR game to flirt with some physical / sport experience as even the controllers are not so heavy they still have some weight and you might feel it like when doing some sports exercices.
All the best.
Xavier

Associate
Hi, thanks for replying. I do mean the game, it looks like you're looking up at the sky to see the fireworks (which you then have to shoot?) and I wondered if that got tiring for the neck. Was probably a silly question, so no bother!

Associate
OP
Hi, it's never a silly question when asking something :) Yes you look at and shoot at some crazy Pinatas to create Fireworks. So, let's share some cool news :) We're finishing to add a bold feature. There will be leaderboards in the next upcoming update. We've made some polish and some new optimisation too. But, the leaderboards will add a new layer to the gameplay! Stay tuned for more details soon.
Cheers,
Xavier

Associate
The game is colourful but somehow not as visually dynamic as it should be. I think that the pinatas and fireworks should cast out coloured light when they explode. Perhaps the environments should sometimes be a bit darker as well so that you can really emphasize the lighting affects.

Associate
OP
Hi. THings are moving on. So, Leaderboards are in for each world in the game, so you will be able to compete on score rankings with your Oculus Friends and Oculus users playing in PINATAS ROCKETS. We're paying attention that everything is fine before submitting. On the other hand we have made some optimisation and yes Fireworks experience is even better, colors and look&feel. We plan to submit the version as soon as possible. Regarding Deuse's idea, Yes indeed, we may have some survival idea in mind. Stay tuned.
Cheers.
Xavier

Back
Top Bottom