Pipex MAC - how long do they take to send them?

Soldato
I was told 7-10 days, and it took me 10 days to receive mine. It's all the little extras as well that make Nildram more inviting, you can analyze how much bandwidth you've used, when they take out your monthly payment by direct debit, they send you a pdf every month explaining the amount and "contact us" if you have any trouble. Looking back at Pipex, they are in a much worse state than I thought before. I haven't been disconnected once using bittorrent or Limewire and I'm getting full speed out of my line for £25.99 a month, not the crap I had with Pipex and having to pay £33.99 for it as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, Pipex bought over Nildram so they now own them, but as far as I know Nildram still run Nildram, Pipex have not come in and changed things.....yet...

Soldato
Tony Soprano said:
No, Pipex bought over Nildram so they now own them, but as far as I know Nildram still run Nildram, Pipex have not come in and changed things.....yet...
I'm going over to Nildram at the end of June (When my 12 month contract runs out...).

I'm well aware that Pipex owns Nildram, but like you say, they don't seem to have interfered with their running… yet.

What attracts me to them over Pipex is the absence of port-throttling, the unlimited off-peak downloading and no 12 month contract to worry about. So if they do decide to go the same way as Pipex, the longest I’ll have to wait to move on is 31 days :)

To be fair I’ve had nearly a year of trouble free (Expensive for what it is) broadband from Pipex, NO down-time etc, but the in the last couple of moths or so the port-throttling has really hammered my connection – so I’m off – Nildram also offers a cheaper Max service too :D

SW.

Associate
sam.wheale said:
I'm going over to Nildram at the end of June (When my 12 month contract runs out...).

I'm well aware that Pipex owns Nildram, but like you say, they don't seem to have interfered with their running… yet.

What attracts me to them over Pipex is the absence of port-throttling, the unlimited off-peak downloading and no 12 month contract to worry about. So if they do decide to go the same way as Pipex, the longest I’ll have to wait to move on is 31 days :)

To be fair I’ve had nearly a year of trouble free (Expensive for what it is) broadband from Pipex, NO down-time etc, but the in the last couple of moths or so the port-throttling has really hammered my connection – so I’m off – Nildram also offers a cheaper Max service too :D

SW.

Just started to experience the port throttling scenario myself, PIA :mad:

Back
Top Bottom