Pity The Police Officer Was Not Armed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That officer needs to calm the hell down. Why on earth he's screaming like that is beyond me. He shouldnt have taken the job if he reacts like that in my opinion.

He had the guy bang to rights but don't stick your hand in the car if you cant handle what might happen if you do. That includes the guy driving off.

What a complete mess this country's force is in.

"Help HELP". Embarrassing and pathetic
Have you considered engaging all of your brain cells at once instead of sequentially?

Caporegime
He didn't try to kill the officer. He simply tripped out why the officer had his hand in the car. The guy is clearly unstable and the officer expecting him to just comply with such little pre indication of his compliance is naive.

Yeboi I always trip out first sight of the popo when I'm carrying a brick too!

Thats why op says if they had guns he could have just railed him, let God sort them out and all that.

Soldato
He's allowed to stop the guy driving off?

Yes sticking your arm in the car of a potentially dangerous solution is crazy, but ultimately the driver shouldn't be driving and and so the blame is squarely on them.

Unless the driver was acting in self defence causing harm to anyone (not just police officers) is without cause and so should be punished as assault.
I don't disagree with any of this. The problem her for me is that the police officer is clearly out of his depth. Let go, let the guy go and do him later.

Soldato
I don't disagree with any of this. The problem her for me is that the police officer is clearly out of his depth. Let go, let the guy go and do him later.

So the driver is completely at fault. Correct?

The police officer was just doing their job, be it in a slightly risky manner (for their own safety).

Soldato
Have you considered engaging all of your brain cells at once instead of sequentially?
I really can't see a problem with my comment. It's completely unbelievable how the police are trained to just expect people to comply these days. They comply less then they ever have done

Soldato
Being an internet tough guy is very different to real life pal.
You have no idea to be completely honest. I can't expect you to in the same way that I have no idea about you personally. All we have is our words in our forum posts, nothing more. It's ok to have a different opinion yea?

Soldato
You have no idea to be completely honest. I can't expect you to in the same way that I have no idea about you personally. All we have is our words in our forum posts, nothing more. It's ok to have a different opinion yea?
I have a Bobby in the family. I wouldn't look down on him for asking for help in a potentially life changing situation. These are normal people on 30k a year, not seal team six or green berets where the role is considered a vocation not a job.

Soldato
it doesn't matter if the officer was naive...the driver just dragged someone down the street then ran away, ditching the car. :p there's no defending him!

Soldato
I have a Bobby in the family. I wouldn't look down on him for asking for help in a potentially life changing situation. These are normal people on 30k a year, not seal team six or green berets.
Don't play it down. The fear in the guys voice needs him to reconsider his life choice of career.

I'm not saying that they need to be marine material but you are the front line agaisnt criminals that's are very likely to do this kind of thing without a worry in the world

Associate
No you don't.

If a police officer stops you. You don't need to do or say anything.

If they try to arrest you then you have the right to ask why and you should comply. However they also have to have reason to arrest you if not you can rightfully take action against them.

It depends in what circumstances you get stopped. If you get stopped after driving a vehicle then yes, you have to do or say something.

You need to provide your driving licence or your name/dob so a licence check can be done.
In these circumstances he could be required to do a 'drugs wipe' and failure to do so would end in his arrest.

Soldato
:rolleyes: you think they train fear for your life out of you in the few weeks before you get your warrant card?
Watch it again. The guy drive forward for 10m max and then reversed for a bit, drive forward again for 10m and then ran. Fear for your life!? Come on, that's a little rich

Man of Honour
He ran off when the guy stopped and got out though.

Fight or flight I guess. These guy is a flier.

Being able to size up a situation like this and the level of risk/danger and/or how to mitigate it is somewhat an acquired skill/experience. I suspect the vast majority of people will react more towards panic than otherwise the first time they encounter this kind of thing.

At first he was probably still in the mindset of whether the guy would back up and try and run him over so wanted space to work in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom