**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
I haven't opened the box yet. Anyone know at what point I can get to with the phone being opened and used before I can't send it back for a full refund? I'm in the fence as to keeping it.
Depends where you got it from, but imagine it's around 14 days unless you got it from a local EE/O2 store etc. I got mine from EE direct and they told me I had 14 days.

Permabanned
OP
Hoping black Friday has some deals on the accessories. Wishful thinking??

Yeah, and I hope one of the accessories includes Pixel Buds in Black and White to match my Panda 2 XL! At the moment they are out of stock on the Black and on back order on the Panda match. I am on the wait list. Hoping to use my CPW credit towards my Panda Buds.

Associate
Yeah, and I hope one of the accessories includes Pixel Buds in Black and White to match my Panda 2 XL! At the moment they are out of stock on the Black and on back order on the Panda match. I am on the wait list. Hoping to use my CPW credit towards my Panda Buds.

The buds have been getting bad reviews. I'm in the market for new ones but it looks like I will be skipping these for now.

Associate
So... I've seen a few references to the "At A Glance" settings. However, when I go into "Home Settings" it's not there?

Any ideas as to why this should be or what I need to toggle/do to make it appear?

Associate
Still waiting on my Panda 128 with Home Mini from EE. Ordered on 10/11, expected 22/11.
But, I received a full size Home today, I don't think I was supposed to get one with the XL but not complaining!

It was less than fun to set it up. My phone kept getting stuck on Please Wait, before the screen where you train your voice with ok and hey Google. Sorted that on another phone...
And then it refused to cast to my Sony Android TV. It would say it was casting, but nothing was happening with the TV. Fixed that by uninstalling updates for Google Cast Receiver on the TV, rebooting it, and removing and readding the TV in the Home app. Works now!

If only it could control Sky Q...

Associate
Surely EE can sort that out as he's technically not left them? I'd at least try calling customer service.

Will give them a try on Thursday when I'm off work before I port to another provider.

The reason being is that when I logged into EE late last night, the new sim/plan/number was already listed in my account. Hopefully it's just a flick of a switch at their end that will be all done within 24 hours from asking.

Soldato
The buds have been getting bad reviews. I'm in the market for new ones but it looks like I will be skipping these for now.

I've just ordered Jabra Elite Sport True Wireless Earphones on the Rainforest as they are down to £130 for Black Friday. Checking CamelCamelCamel, this seems actually a very good deal. I only really use mine when at the gym, so will be interesting to see how I can use the app and heart rate monitor.

Soldato
direct from google store. so i can open it and use it for 14 days before having to return it if i want to return it for a full refund?

Last year I bought both Pixels from Google to try them out. It told me in my order details when I needed to initiate a return - I think I remember they gave me longer than 14 days, possibly to account for shipping times. Anyway, if things are the same this year you should be able to get it out, use it, take photos, dance around an ice rink and then send it back as long as it isn't damaged and you still have the box.

Back
Top Bottom