**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Right... I'm slightly puzzled as to why I can't see the "At a Glance" option in the "Home Settings" menu.

I open the "Home Settings" by holding down on the screen and it's on the right next to "Widgets". Then once open all I see is: -

• Notification dots
  • Add icon to Home screen
  • Display Google app
  • App suggestions
  • Allow Homescreen rotation
  • About

The actual Widget, should this already be installed? I've even carried a restore to ensure I didn't mess something up during my initial setup and it's still no showing.

Anyone??

V_R

V_R

Soldato
It should be there between the dots option and the add icons to the home screen.

Did you get the latest update?

Associate
Hmm, not sure then to be honest.

Have you disabled any apps? Could try clearing the app data for the Pixel launcher?

Yeah... It's a puzzler alright. :rolleyes:

Just trying that now and even restarting the phone, but no change!?!?

I thought it might be me and a setting I had set, hence my restore this evening, but still not there. As for apps disabled, I haven't downloaded any additional ones, it's straight out of the box.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I thought it might be me and a setting I had set, hence my restore this evening, but still not there. As for apps disabled, I haven't downloaded any additional ones, it's straight out of the box.
Then that is weird. I'd say its time to contact Google.

Soldato
So I just ordered a 2 XL online! :D
Picked it up at mobiles.co.uk and seemed like a good deal - enough to make me upgrade from my XL.

£29/month 12gb data and £185 up front leaving total cost at £881 over 24 months, I think that's alright!

Soldato
You have to wonder about the lifespan of the battery though. Google had so many issues with the 6P battery so they seem to have limited the charging rate.

Most of the heat resides in the charging brick which is the beauty of dash charge. Plus I only use it when I need a quick charge, otherwise slow 5w charge overnight.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
@LiE

You were having finger print issues with logging into apps? Just seen this on Reddit, looks like you're not the other one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixe...your_fingerprint_scanner_on_2xl_consistently/

Yea it happened to me few days back. The issue wasn't that it couldn't read my finger print, it was showing as read OK but then the app still asked for the normal login. I suspected an update to a Google service that may have caused it. I fixed it by reactivating it.

Back
Top Bottom