**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Anyone got the Kinda Blue Pixel 2? What do you think of the colour in the flesh?

Vodafone have a good deal at the moment on the standard Pixel 2 which think will just get as EE couldn't match anything.

Just pondering what colour.

Can anyone recommend some BT headphones for basic use? Something that lasts a while and can use when need. Will leave the adapter in the car for the aux.

Man of Honour
Just ordered one from Mobiles.co.uk should be a nice upgrade from my Moto X Force, which doesn't really need changing but I got the need something new and shiny bug plus it's been a while since I've enjoyed completely stock Android.

Soldato
Man that sucks! I never got an email with my tracking number so I ain't to hopeful but the tracking on the mobiles UK website mine was shipped yesterday. So I dunno what's going on.
Well finally got a hold of mine today after work. I had mentioned that after waiting in all day yesterday and working from home I had to go out today. Left home at 7.30am, checked tracking still no movement. On site 40 miles away text comes through at 11am, package will be delivered between 12.30 and 13.30 - cue panic! By good luck I rang my dad who's retired and mostly potters about home and told him to go to mine for half 12 and wait for DPD, they came at 12.40 :p
It's a good job he did or I'd have had to wait until Monday!
Just setting it up now...
I have to say the off axis colour shift is no worse than I've seen on other phones, including my 1 XL. What I do like is that at least when it's 'on axis' the whites are MUCH whiter than the 1 XL.

Associate
I'm using the UltimateShield TGP. I'm on my second one as the first one fell off after a day, and the company sent me a replacement out. I have to say, the second one is much better than the first one I got. Seems to have stuck much better (adhesive on the sides, top and bottom only), no "dot matrix" visible, and very slight rainbow/oil slick which cannot be seen under normal use. Touch sensitivity is good too. Pretty happy with this one!

I'll get one ordered. Thanks

Man of Honour
Looks like mobiles.co.uk might have gotten a bit of a hammering today, ordered before midday for delivery tomorrow and just gotten an email to say it's not been processed today. So now it's a waiting game, fingers crossed they'll get it done tomorrow for Sunday delivery.

Associate
Just watched a 20+ tips & tricks video from Droid Life which made me aware of the "Do not Disturb" feature, or rather the fact that you can allow certain notifications/people to disturb you. Haven't tried it yet, but if it works it's certainly a nice touch.

i love do not disturb, use it daily, in fact using it right now, however i just wish it was possible to have the setting say come out of do not disturb at a certain time even if i put it manually into it. at the moment ht ephone will only come out of do not disturb if it set itself to go into it.

i understand why, however it's frustrating say i go to the gym i will put it into do not disturb, i may finish at 10pm, and as it's late and it's set to go into DND at midnight, i leave it in this mode, however it wont come out of the mode now in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom