**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
My Pixel 2 just died. Screen went all weird like static with pink/blue/white dots all over. Spoke to google, it's RIP. Replacement number 2 now.

Where do I stand with a refund if I decide I don't want the replacement? original purchase was 12 November, then replaced on 16th November.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Picture of said dead Pixel 2.

IMG_0001.jpg

Soldato
Airpods aren't noise cancelling... are they?
By all accounts I don't believe they are, they certainly don't do it actively anyway. This is why I was pleasantly surprised at their ability to block out ambient noise. It wasn't a case of the music I was listening to just drowning it out, I don't tend to have my earphones all that loud when using them. It could just be purely down to their physical design blocking any outside noise entering the ear canal..?

Permabanned
OP
what stickers?

We are discussing ARCore, a processor in the Pixel 2 phones that was activated by the Android 8.1 update. This enables a feature when using Google Camera app to insert "stickers" into photos or videos which are sure to please the crowd!

To access the AR sticker selection (which includes Star Wars figures, food, text, etc), select the drop down menu when you are in your camera app and select AR Stickers and enjoy.

We are discussing ARCore, a processor in the Pixel 2 phones that was activated by the Android 8.1 update. This enables a feature when using Google Camera app to insert "stickers" into photos or videos which are sure to please the crowd!

To access the AR sticker selection (which includes Star Wars figures, food, text, etc), select the drop down menu when you are in your camera app and select AR Stickers and enjoy.
thanks. i've updated to 8.1 but not had it. the phone needs to update the visual core and ar stickers app. looks great indeed

Associate
8.1 seems to have changed the way my battery life is reported. On 8.0 I could get an hour of SoT and remain on 100%, it would then go down fairly quickly (still getting 5+ hrs SoT).

Now it's dropping to 99% quite quickly after an overnight charge. Assume it's reporting the battery more accurately or 8.1 is messing with my battery life! Will have to test further...

Permabanned
OP
For anyone interested in my first impressions of the newly arrived Pixel Buds, I posted my comment just now to the Pixel Bud headphone comment section in the same Mobile Phone section you are currently in.

First impressions: very positive. The sound quality is excellent. The fit in the ear is really snug. The Google Assistant feature works really well with Bluetooth. The set up and Pairing process was a breeze. The Google Translate feature with the language translated returning back through the Pixel Buds is amazing. The notifications work well, which you can switch on and off if you want to skip them. The touch control features are intuitive.

Happy to answer any questions. I see them as an excellent £ 159 stocking-stuffer and plan to get a Black Pixel Bud for a family member.

Back
Top Bottom