**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
Is that the first 8.1 update you've had?
The OH got the same notification at work this morning, bless her she panics at anything that pops up that isn't social media related! Anyway, I'm almost positive she was already on 8.1 as I think I had that conversation with her before, she's on the first gen Pixel. I'm on 2XL and nothing for me yet.

Soldato
The OH got the same notification at work this morning, bless her she panics at anything that pops up that isn't social media related! Anyway, I'm almost positive she was already on 8.1 as I think I had that conversation with her before, she's on the first gen Pixel. I'm on 2XL and nothing for me yet.

I got the march security update before I even saw any news on it! Which is really strange for me - I'm usually one of the last to get it

Associate
I'm putting it naked again, my biggest concern is scratching the camera glass as it doesn't seem that well protected. Any views

I used to worry about the camera glass in the past when the camera was raised but I haven't had an issue with any getting scratched or the rim being dented etc.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I prefer no case, but I too like the camera bump protected, so I use a Peel case. Search this thread, its been mentioned a few times. :)

Soldato
Yesterday I really went for trying to use up my battery over the whole day. Still didn't succeed.
The majority of the day was on mobile data with about two hours on WiFi. I managed a SOT of 6hrs 30mins with 20% battery remaining. Pretty good if you ask me!

Associate
Should I go ahead with the March update on my Pixel 2? Heard about battery woes but that could be just a select few.

Had my first random issue since getting at Christmas. The camera was going blank black screen when trying to review images and it wouldn't process the portrait images. Some didn't happen and some looked off. A reboot didn't fix issue but has since gone back to working.

Still impressive kit especially the camera. Slowly liking the video if in controlled environment. Rest just works.

Associate
Should I go ahead with the March update on my Pixel 2? Heard about battery woes but that could be just a select few.

Had my first random issue since getting at Christmas. The camera was going blank black screen when trying to review images and it wouldn't process the portrait images. Some didn't happen and some looked off. A reboot didn't fix issue but has since gone back to working.

Still impressive kit especially the camera. Slowly liking the video if in controlled environment. Rest just works.
My battery has been fine personally; I've had the exact same issue with the blank screen when trying to review images, I find it only happens if I open the camera when the phone is locked strangely.

Edit: Is there a way to restore from an earlier backup of your contacts? Gmail has synced my email contacts and I've now got hundreds of random entries, it's messing with my phone OCD :rolleyes:

Associate
My battery has been fine personally; I've had the exact same issue with the blank screen when trying to review images, I find it only happens if I open the camera when the phone is locked strangely.

Edit: Is there a way to restore from an earlier backup of your contacts? Gmail has synced my email contacts and I've now got hundreds of random entries, it's messing with my phone OCD :rolleyes:
Is this not a security feature? to stop someone accessing the gallery via the camera app shortcut

Associate
Yeah I did it was 2017 but blue shift (not that it bothered me) is less on this one .
Good to know :)
Is this not a security feature? to stop someone accessing the gallery via the camera app shortcut
When you double press the power button to take pictures without unlocking your phone you can only view the pictures just taken. If you try to scroll further I get a picture of a lock and not a blank screen but it maybe something to do with that.

Back
Top Bottom