**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Mobster
Soldato
Err, no. As I have said previously, I do not work for "them" and I am not in the industry. I am merely a keen tech fan and when if I have something to say about a technology or a feature I like, it seems fun to share my thoughts with others. Chill.

Like you, I am following the Pixel 2 closely and find some of the possible features exciting, including the "squeezable frame." We know this concept works as it is a feature of the recently launched HTC U11. Will Google expand on it and make it mainstream?

In theory the idea seems good. I like the concept of activating a shortcut or launching a specific app with a squeeze. Launching the camera or flashlight or Google Assistant with a pressure-sensitive, pre-calibrated squeeze are three ideas that come to mind. Or what about squeezing the phone to silence an incoming call? By including a squeezable frame means that the Pixel 2s can do away with any extra button on the screen, making the phone sleeker, allowing them to shrink the bezels. Building the squeeze into the internals of the phone means no extra bumps or bulk.

Bring on the 2's in October!

(I assume Google will launch the Pixel 2's the same month they launched the Pixel 1's).

You so clearly do though. You're the only person who bumps this thread with conveniently PR like responses.

Soldato
Why are you guys stalking the guy for? Who cares if he does or doesn't work for 'them'? It's a discussion thread about the Phone, any info is welcome.

Soldato
Why are you guys stalking the guy for? Who cares if he does or doesn't work for 'them'? It's a discussion thread about the Phone, any info is welcome.

Very true but if there is a mole it needs to be hunted out :D

I'm still using my Moto G4 after my 6p was returned for a full refund! Thanks Google.

Tempted to pick up the Moto X4/Z2 force/G5s Plus until the pixel is released.

Android O is looking polished now.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Associate
well all I can say, is that phone must have a massive battery inside!

Lets hope so, the obsession with thin phones is becoming a law of diminishing returns, I would much rather a 9mm thick phone with a 2day battery rather than a 6mm phone with less than a day (once loaded with apps chomping power)

Soldato
Lets hope so, the obsession with thin phones is becoming a law of diminishing returns, I would much rather a 9mm thick phone with a 2day battery rather than a 6mm phone with less than a day (once loaded with apps chomping power)

I agree, each year they tell us the latest OS improves battery life but in reality I've never noticed much of a difference.

Soldato

Yeah I get that but lots of people are not that tech savvy so they need the balance right. I would rather something in between

Soldato
This can't be far away from release now? Will they follow Apple's lead and go for the £1k price tag? I really hope not as it would rule me out for sure. I could maybe live with no 3.5mm headphone jack if there's a usb-C adaptor, but I know I could never justify £1k for a phone.

Back
Top Bottom