Pixel 3a unlock

Associate
Hoping someone can help me with this; don’t have much experience in this regard.

I’ll try to keep it short... bought pixel 3a from CPW, fine for six months then wouldn’t charge. CPW sent phone away for repair, replacement phone came back but would not accept my Sim, seemingly locked to another unknown network. Took back to CPW who weren’t particularly helpful, suggested I went to PC world because they were about to shut all their stores. Went to pc world where they dicked around phoning their repair centre and came back with no useful solution other than sending the phone away again.

Anyway, what I want to know is can I sort this myself? Can any phone repair place just unlock it for me. Does it matter that I don’t know the network it is locked to? How much is it likely to cost?

I’d rather pay a small fee than deal with CPW/PC world again.

Thanks

Soldato
Can you see anything in Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks?

Have you tried Google directly? Explain the situation and they may be able to help.

Soldato
Within six months of purchase I believe you only have to give a company one chance to repair a fault. After that they should replace or refund at your request.

After six months (you don't specify the exact dates) the rules are different.

Associate
OP
Can you see anything in Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks?
I don’t seem to have that exact menu unless I’m missing something, for me it’s settings > network and internet > mobile network but this just takes me to a screen asking to insert a SIM card. When I put in my sims card it tells me phone islocked to another network

Have you tried Google directly? Explain the situation and they may be able to help.

To be honest, I just want the easiest route to a fix now. If I can pay some guy in a phone shop £10 for a 5 minute fix, I’d prefer to do that.

Associate
OP
Within six months of purchase I believe you only have to give a company one chance to repair a fault. After that they should replace or refund at your request.

After six months (you don't specify the exact dates) the rules are different.
I think is just over 6 months now

Associate
I bought an opened box, never used pixel 3a recently. Was suppose to be unlocked but was locked to EE, company I bought it from said they contacted google for me and stated 5 working days and should be unlocked, which it was on day 4. I think also if they phone is older than 6 months I could have paid EE around £9 myself to get it unlocked, but since was new contacting google was only way apparently.

Associate
OP
In the end I put myself through another trip to pc world. I’m sure they made it more difficult than it needed to be, but in the end they arranged to have a new phone posted to me.

Associate
OP
Well this isn’t over yet... world went into lockdown... new phone never turned up... can’t offer me a new one because they shut most of their departments... they’ve now offered me a cheque for £329 which should be with me in the next 28 days...

So is there now a better phone I can get with that money or should I still get the pixel 3a?

Associate
OP
Got a one plus x which I’m making do with but has constant warning about no storage space.

I’ll keep my eye out for the 4a

Back
Top Bottom