Pixel 6 PRO or S22?

Soldato
Hi folks,

Company phone time - I have been a Samsung person since the S3. I've been refreshing the portal for ages and the S22 still isn't popping up - but the 6 PRO has been sitting in plain site.

Can anyone comment? I'm not bothered on how it looks tbh. I just want a solid workhorse that works well with zero interventions.

Things I like about the S20 I currently have: fingerprints sensor is brilliant, camera is good - most of the rest is down to the Android software.

Things I don't like - no external activity LEDs.

Soldato
The Pixel 6 line has flakey cell reception so probably not the workhorse you require.

The camera is stunning though if that matters.

I usually have decent signal around me so it's not a big deal.

Soldato
I'm still debating a similar choice for an upgrade from my S10.

One thing I have noted from reviews, is the fingerprint sensor on the Pixel phones seems to be routinely criticised as not being on par with the competition - so something to consider if that's important to you (I think it's optical rather than ultrasonic like the Samsung offerings). The other obvious difference is the P6P is notably bigger than an S20 or S22 - this may be an advantage or disadvantage to you, depending on how you use a company phone.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I think the optical sensor is a game changer for me. I use the phone religiously for train tickets/tube travel so the half second delay is not really cricket for my use case.

I'll wait for the S22.

Associate
Yeah I think the optical sensor is a game changer for me. I use the phone religiously for train tickets/tube travel so the half second delay is not really cricket for my use case.

I'll wait for the S22.

I don`t know if you realize.If you use Samsung pay for transport tickets and to pay for subway tickets ect you do not even have to open up Samsung pay.

Soldato
OP
I don`t know if you realize.If you use Samsung pay for transport tickets and to pay for subway tickets ect you do not even have to open up Samsung pay.
Unfortunately Samsung Pay lacks some critical features (but the one you mention is very, very useful) --- but alas, I'm outside of the Oyster zone so typically buy QR code train tickets versus just tap and go.

Associate
Unfortunately Samsung Pay lacks some critical features (but the one you mention is very, very useful) --- but alas, I'm outside of the Oyster zone so typically buy QR code train tickets versus just tap and go.

I moved from android altogether to the dark side that is apple. After being a Samsung user for many many years/ had nearly all phones bar the note 20. I now use apple pay. And tbh it has never failed me yet.

Associate
I did debate it... but I'm just not ready :D:p

Yes, i know what you mean. i was debating for ages and a lot of what-ifs. in the end, i thought il try it for a year if i don't like it il just switchback. but so far loving it.
I even thought id hate face id. after using a fingerprint for so long. but I'm used to it now and it's much faster than using a fingerprint.

Associate
If it wasn't for the issues, I'd be buying the pixel 6 no question. But because of the issues, I'm having to consider coughing up for the Samsung :(

At the end of the day, you have to do what is right for you and your situation.

But i do think every phone has there own issues I don't think there is a perfect phone out there. what someone might think or say is an issue or a deal-breaker is not to another.

The trouble with both forums and youtube and social media in general, most of the time most people complain and emphasize their bad experiences with a phone which often outweighs the good. which often is not portayed so much.

Soldato
S22 does have mediocre battery life. They may improve that with updates though and it's still good for a days usage. Signal issues on the pixel are another matter entirely.

There's no point comparing the 2. The 6 Pro has already been ruled out.

I have the 6 pro and have chosen it over the S22 ultra. I much prefer it.

Back
Top Bottom